49ers fans are talking some serious trash!! (1 Viewer)

If we can't beat SF, it tells me more than seeding.

I don't know about that. I recall seasons in the past where we've beaten teams (sometimes handily) in the regular season and lost to them in the playoffs. "Any given Sunday" might be a cliche', but that doesn't mean it's not true.

I don't know about that. I recall seasons in the past where we've beaten teams (sometimes handily) in the regular season and lost to them in the playoffs. "Any given Sunday" might be a cliche', but that doesn't mean it's not true.

True, but I can't help using SF as a measuring stick.

Who are we kidding.......We all know the 49ers are a very good team or they wouldn't be 10-2...I'll take a one point win and be very satisfied .
This game, and the Ravens Niners game, maybe the two best games of the year.....of course I hope we come out on top....this is big boy football right here...things happen...
momentum swings...I think we have the right guys....and maybe the Ravens softened them up just a little...gonna be a long week....anticipation.....ketchup...

1. Not unexpected. Especially since they've been pretty legit all season.
2. Not at all uncommon on a team fansite. (There's a thread on SR titled: "We will beat the 49ers by 14+)
3. The Niners have an insanely fast and aggressive defense that has only been stymied by fast, mobile QBs (Murray, Jackson and Wilson). So for the 49ers fans to believe that facing a 40 year old pocket passer is an advantage to them -- isn't shocking.
4. The Niners fans have always been kind of arrogant. Now they have a reason to be -- so I guess that's better than when they'd be arrogant and 6-10.

I think of Niners fans as the West Coast version of Cowboys fans - except with even less football knowledge, which is saying something.

True, but I can't help using SF as a measuring stick.

Not to argue, but we should be their measuring stick. The Saints have had recent success, winning the division the last three seasons and just being one of the top NFC teams. The 49ers are the young team having their first successful season in what, 5 plus years now?
Either way, we need to play a clean game against them because they are good, but so are we.

check out 49erswebzone.com. This fan base has to be the most arrogant In the nfl!! They aren’t giving us a chance in hell !!

My favorite part is their fans thinking Bosa and Co will sack Brees 5+ times.. remember when we played JJ Watt, Clowney, Tank Lawrence, Shaq Barrett twice, Calais Campbell, Khalil Mack, AND the NFL sack leading Panthers? How many sacks did those guys get..? I don't remember.

I live in the county across the Golden Gate from SF... The guys at work are telling me we've been blown out our two losses but they have only lost on last second field goals and they have wiped out some of the better teams like Green Bay. I just say... that's why we actually play the games... It will be a good game and hopefully Saints come out on top, but I think we all know it won't be easy and we better be prepared and not eating the cheese as Coach Sean would say.

I could care less about what 49er fans are saying. Many of them are extremely obnoxious and look to start fights with opposing teams fans. That playoff game back in 2011 was just atrocious in the way they were behaving. Engaging them will only lead to bad things. I ignore those idiots.

My favorite part is their fans thinking Bosa and Co will sack Brees 5+ times.. remember when we played JJ Watt, Clowney, Tank Lawrence, Shaq Barrett twice, Calais Campbell, Khalil Mack, AND the NFL sack leading Panthers? How many sacks did those guys get..? I don't remember.

A lot of them are hanging their hat on our loss to the Falcons in the Dome. It was a stinker. No defending that one - guilty as charged! But wouldn't it be karma if the Falcons also go out there in a few weeks and beat the Niners? Lol

They are mistaken. This game will not be easy for either team. It will be a hard fought game and will come down to the wire.

A lot of them are hanging their hat on our loss to the Falcons in the Dome. It was a stinker. No defending that one - guilty as charged! But wouldn't it be karma if the Falcons also go out there in a few weeks and beat the Niners? Lol

I saw them in forum stating they will have a bye that week. Sound familiar?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom