49ers game reminded me of 2011 playoffs (1 Viewer)

I guess the main difference is, this game wasn't the playoffs so we're still very alive. This was a tough loss and a concerning defensive performance. If we can get healthier and better on defense, and keep up the offense, we're gonna make a push.

Our D’s confidence has to be shot. Imagine knowing that your offense put up 46 points. Won the TOP battle. Special teams played penalty free and had a few nice returns. And you lost. Gave up 41 points in the final 3 quarters.

Both defenses on the field today weren't very good. The offense ruled the day for both teams. We lost in the last seconds by a mere 2 points. It's not the end of the world.

Key players out of game early from hard hit (Pierre Thomas and Jarrod Cook)

Defense loses it in the end giving up a big play

Colton 136 yards and TD
Thomas 134 yards and TD

Both high-scoring games

More Specifically: SF TE killing the Saints D at the end of the game on a big play! (And the D "whiffing" on the play.)

TE with the #85 with a Huge play to set up game winner

Vernon Davis
George Kittle

Edit- whoops late.

“Oh, the SF front seven” “The best defense in football that eats pocket passers” “Brees will be under direst all game” “Can’t run on the SF defense”

Still threw a 46 burger on them. That’s gotta help a little.

What's up the Pee Wee level of, umm, tackling on the play to Kittle!

All THREE defenders just GRABBED up HIGH - and the 2nd player gave a half-azz effort then stood back and Watched!!!

Not one of them actually attempted to, you know, TACKLE Kittle.

Embarrassing.

Last edited:
This felt nothing like that game to me. We turned the ball over 5 times in the 2011 playoff game. Not the same. At all.

Reminded me of the 2014 game against the 49ers in the dome when Kap threw a 50 yard bomb on 4th down in the final minutes of regulation and then they went on to win the game in OT by a fg.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom