4th and a foot with 7:30 left down by 2 scores and they PUNT! (1 Viewer)

I was soooo happy when I saw the punter on the field. And for the record, our going for it was exactly the right call.

We were killing them. He knew his team didn't believe they could get that yard.

I was more surprised because we had just scored and were running the ball well. But they were on their 30, if they dont get the 1st, game is over with 7 minutes left. They punt and hold us to a 3 & out, still have 5-6 minutes left. I thought it was the right play.

Yeah, how do you call a fake field goal one minute but not go for a yard in that situation? I guess he figured they had done a good job stopping us all game and that we would have just played conservative and given them the ball back?

I couldn't believe it either. Reminded me of the '06 playoff game against Philly.

It was a gamble, no matter what they did. I'm pretty sure that the Bills were beating themselves at that point, over-thinking every play before they made it.

Easterbrook will have a field day with this one. Jauron is as bland in his decision making as he is in personality.

yea, his team pretty much threw in the towel after that too.

Belicheck was put in the exact same position as Payton in the early game. They made the right call Jauron did not.

well, they probably would've gotten the 1 yd, BUT they still would've lost the game.

That was a strange call. My Fiancee' asked me "why are they punting it and not going for it." I couldn't answer! I just looked at her and said, our defense is frickin crazy!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom