4th down (Failcons/Packers game) - Tony Gonzales did not catch that ball (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
It hit the ground clearly. Why didnt Green Bay challenge that?

If the Failcons win this game, then they are lucky once again.

Why didnt Green Bay challenge that?

Mike-McCarthy-and-Rodgers.jpg

I agreed with Jimmy Johnson on that one... that was one that was just worth throwing the challenge flag.

It's toward the end of the half and the worst thing that could have happened is you lose the timeout and one challenge. It wasn't like it was real clear that he made the catch, so it's worth the gamble. And in this case it would have paid off.

Sometimes I cringe when Payton throws the flag, but being the gambler he is that play would have been challenged and it would have been worth it.

As lucky as they have been this year, I'm starting to think we will enter the playoffs as a wildcard because we just can't seem to catch them. I thought Green Bay would definitely beat them today (I know the game isn't over, yet), but sheesh! How many breaks can a team get? :idunno:

MCCarthy need to challenge those blown plays by the refs...OMG!!!

I agreed with Jimmy Johnson on that one... that was one that was just worth throwing the challenge flag.

It's toward the end of the half and the worst thing that could have happened is you lose the timeout and one challenge. It wasn't like it was real clear that he made the catch, so it's worth the gamble. And in this case it would have paid off.

Sometimes I cringe when Payton throws the flag, but being the gambler he is that play would have been challenged and it would have been worth it.
The thing is, the play was so huge that EVERY other coach in the NFL would have thrown the red flag in that situation. It's just common sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom