$5.5 million (1 Viewer)

if you're really that curious, try reading the second paragraph in the article

that handily linked article in the OP said:
The Obamas gave $329,100 to charities in 2009. The president, who released his tax returns Thursday, also donated his entire $1.4 million Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charitable groups.

Then write a book. No one's stopping you.

The other easy path to instant riches is buying a lawnmower.

You obviously weren't paying attention in that other thread. It was "a lawnmower and a weed whacker".

Trying to get away with simply mowing the lawn, and expecting fifty thousand plus anyway, is a sign of laziness and just another indication of your entitlement mentality! :mad:

Considering he didn't do anything to earn the Nobel, he absolutely should donate that.

But a mere 329 grand out of 5.5 mil? That's peanuts.

Come up with a figure and write him a letter. :shrug:

We get it...Obama bad.

I can't wait for some article to note his choice of coffee and see how you manage to muster the requisite outrage over that.

Considering he didn't do anything to earn the Nobel, he absolutely should donate that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that's at least $300 grand more than you gave to charity last year.

Please....This man donated 1.4 million dollars for a prize HE WON, plus another 329k of his own money to charities. I get it, you hate him, but please don't hate on him because of this.

With obama educational background, credentials, and experience he could easily be making 20+ million a year in the private sector practicing law, CEO of a corporation, etc.

Michelle could be making another couple of million dollars just on her own, because of her background, credientials, and experience.

The 5.5 mil is peanuts compared to what the family could be making in the private sector...

To be honest, you sound like a bitter hater. Who are you to say he didn't deserve the Nobel Peace Prize? Who are you to say he doesn't deserve money from the books HE wrote???....but Hate on hater.

That is very nice of the President to donate proceeds to charity, but even if he kept every cent for himself it shouldn't be a big deal.

If I could write a book and make 5.5 mil and keep it all, I would.

The astonishing thing is the arrogance of writing two autobiographies before even being elected president. But hey, more power to him.

Idle curiosity...

Will they spread that wealth to the less fortunate? Close the gap and all that.

aside from donating almost a couple million to charity, his wealth is subject to the same taxes as every other millionaire. i dont know why you're implying a double standard, Obama paid his full share of taxes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom