5 Days at Memorial - Katrina doc on Apple TV (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
man… I don’t know
If ever a story did not need to be sensationalized for drama
Maybe it’s just an overwrought trailer, but it’s got me in my feels not in a good way

Im assuming this is all about Dr Pou?

I had kept up with her story for a few years post Katrina because of the massive amount of courage and will it took her to do what she thought was proper. The whole situation at Memorial was a @#$@#%$%#$% mess. She was damned either way.

There's a former member here that was at Memorial when all that happened. I remember he typed up his experience and it was awful. I can't remember if he posted it here, or at a weather message board.

Im assuming this is all about Dr Pou?

I had kept up with her story for a few years post Katrina because of the massive amount of courage and will it took her to do what she thought was proper. The whole situation at Memorial was a @#$@#%$%#$% mess. She was damned either way.
Yeah story seems to center around her

Yeah story seems to center around her

After Frontline last night, life in Kharkiv during first 3 months of Russian invasion, im gonna have to take a bit to build up the fortitude.

Last night was brutal. Centered around 4 people. One 75 yr old who lost his arm while in his apartment making lunch.

The description in the link says ‘Based on actual events’.. im not a fan of ‘based on true events’ stuff.. im like , either do the actual story, or do a fictionalized account.. it gets muddled when they try to straddle that line.. for instance, im not sure if they actually use Dr Pou’s name, or gave the central character a different name- but if using her actual name, and it’s only ‘based’ on what happened (assuming there’s a lot of dramatic license taken) then to me that’s a problem .

There's a former member here that was at Memorial when all that happened. I remember he typed up his experience and it was awful. I can't remember if he posted it here, or at a weather message board.

Someone I knew professionally ended up there because his wife was a nurse. He went there with their dog. He was never OK after that.

I truly can't either. Even watching Treme was difficult for me. I own the book for this one but haven't read it and don't know that I ever will at this point. It used to hurt but I think I have grown numb to it now but still don't watch any of it for whatever reason.
Ive thought that if my kids ever get curious about it, I would probably watch some of the footage- maybe the spike Lee doc, but on my own? Nah

It’s the same way with 9/11

Ive thought that if my kids ever get curious about it, I would probably watch some of the footage- maybe the spike Lee doc, but on my own? Nah

It’s the same way with 9/11
something came up that reminded me of this just last night. My GF cannot talk about the war that happened in her country. In fact, none of the Vn people that I know are willing to. So when we were purchasing NYC Flex passes last night, it occurred to me that she may not be able to do the 911 stuff. She agreed that it may be difficult but eventually said she would like to go anyway. I told her that it had messed with me for a long time (the people jumping in particular). It kind of generated a similar feeling - something just better left in the past. But we are going.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom