"5 NFL vets destined to fall off the cliff this season" Brad Gagnon names Drew the #1 (1 Viewer)

Brees will only “fall off a cliff” if Payton doesn’t adjust the playbook to suit him as his last years progress.

I’ve seen Payton do some stupid things but that won’t be one of them.

They might be right one year if Drew tries to hang on to long but not this year. Besides the fact that he takes care of his body like no other and his mental game I will put up against any questerback. Bringing a true TE threat like Cook into the mix is huge for Brees. He is not a deep threat QB and hasn't been one for a while. But he loves to throw to his TE's. Drew is the master of reading thru his progressions. Most important for Drew is keeping his pocket clean. I think McCoy is going to win the starting job and our O-line will pick up where they left off last year. So I say this guy will be eating his words for at least this year on Drew

The guy that wrote that article was still having his mama change his diapers when Brees came into the league. That may prove that Brees has been in the NFL a long time, but I am not moved to consider the writer’s opinions valid based on his limited experience watching the game.

Brees was throwing TD's in the NFL when this guy was watching Saturday morning cartoons in his Power Ranger pajamas!!

Even if Brees did fall off a cliff this season he'd still be just as good or better than probably 80% of the starting QB's in the league!!

Let them keep predicting this.....................eventually they'll get it right!!

You can put this in the same file as the "Sean Payton to Dallas" articles that pop up every off season!!

We all look at how guys like Favre and Manning fell off suddenly. But Favre was a slinger. He relied on his arm strength to make plays. And Manning wasn’t an all world athlete like Drew is.

There is no precedent set for Brees. He will continue to be great for as long as he wants to be.

You also have to consider the fact that Favre had a well documented opioid painkiller dependency, and Manning had a significant neck/spinal injury. The painkiller addiction didn’t help Favre’s longevity by any means... and Manning was never close to the same player after the neck injury.

Not sure what play you are talking about. Brees threw an INT in OT after getting creamed. Maybe that's what you mean?

I think he means the Eagles game. Didn't he throw an early interception on a ball that would have been a TD if thrown further?

Who are these clowns that keep writing these articles. I saw an article on the NFL site saying the players had it wrong when they voted Drew the #2 player in the top 100 and drew wasn’t even top10-15. Said Drew wasn’t even the best player on this team. Author stated Kamara and Thomas were better than Drew, lol.

Who are these clowns that keep writing these articles. I saw an article on the NFL site saying the players had it wrong when they voted Drew the #2 player in the top 100 and drew wasn’t even top10-15. Said Drew wasn’t even the best player on this team. Author stated Kamara and Thomas were better than Drew, lol.

Yeah, what the hell do the players know?!??

Brees is a righteous man, a good man, a soft spoken thinking mans man.

Brady is a bad boy, a previous party boy a woman’s man.

Those who ascribe to a more worldly view tend to sell the righteous man short and aspire to be like Brady... The “man’s man”... stronger, bigger will last longer they think.

They overlook how well Brees takes care of himself. He has been underestimated since High School and at every level; yet he is STILL underestimated. Will people ever learn? He can likely go another 3 years or so and be really really good!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom