5 offensive and 5 defensive FA's to watch per T-P... (1 Viewer)

I'm starting to really open up to the idea of moving on from Bushrod. He's a great player and all but the FO seems content with finding a quality replacement. They've proven to know when to let a guy go and when to sign a guy in free agency. Can you imagine bringing in a guy like Jake Long? (assuming he's healthy)

Landing Wallace is a pipe dream. He will get top dollar. And what is he talking about meeded a speed guy? Morgan really improved late in the season. The guy averaged around 40 yards per reception!

So he basically took most of the top FAs and saint the saints should sign them. No way can we afford about 8 of those as of now.

What could keep the Saints from signing him: Money. Wallace is asking for more money than the Saints have available or are willing to pay. Unless Wallace isn't able to land the big contract he is seeking, the Saints will have to find a speed receiver elsewhere.

So why even mention him if there's no chance at getting him? Hell we all would like the Saints to sign him but we also know we don't have a snowball's chance "down there" at signing him.

If you want a realistic list of speedy FA WRs that we actually have a shot at signing...

Donnie Avery
Jerome Simpson
Randy Moss
Donald Jones
Brandon Tate
Ted Ginn
Lee Evans

2013 NFL Free Agents - Free Agency Update - Rotoworld.com

So why even mention him if there's no chance at getting him? Hell we all would like the Saints to sign him but we also know we don't have a snowball's chance "down there" at signing him.

If you want a realistic list of speedy FA WRs that we actually have a shot at signing...

Donnie Avery
Jerome Simpson
Randy Moss
Donald Jones
Brandon Tate
Ted Ginn
Lee Evans

2013 NFL Free Agents - Free Agency Update - Rotoworld.com

Give Wallace a nice size contract (comparable to Colston's) and watch us average 40-45 points a game.

Jake long, Keenan Lewis, victor butler

Tis would be an outstanding free agency!

And give up 45-50 points a game since we couldn't afford any defensive players because of Wallace's contract.

exactly.

or take the lesson from 2011. you can wipe the floor with teams all season but in the playoffs you will play great defenses. and they will make plays and your defense won't be doing the same against the likes of matt hasselback or alex smith.....you lose. what a waste of a season 2011 was....that was our year.

I'm fine with all the proposed defensive free agents.

I don't see us making any moves offensively unless it's to replace Bushrod. We still haven't seen anything from Nick Toon yet and I assume he's going to get his chance.

Looks like were going to have to get a New back-up QB?

I could see him getting a mediocre offer somewhere and us matching it or even giving him a little more to keep him.

If he gets a good deal somewhere, I'll be pulling for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom