5 reasons Saints should be favorites to sign Gerald McCoy (1 Viewer)

I hope they at least show some interest and make him an offer. I think McCoy still has something left and would be motivated to play for a contender....and play the Bucs twice.

I'm ready for this to happen now please.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard. I would really like this move from a production and team culture perspective. I love the wisdom he could share and he, along with our FA additions, would make Rankins transition back into playing easier and not as rushed. Fingers crossed!

I’ve heard rumors about him going to Colts or Browns.

Sadness?

All Loomis has to do is extend a couple of players and lower their cap hit this year and we will have all the cap space we need to sign McCoy. Make it happen Loomis.
I think he could do it with the cap space we have now. Just have to give him a deal with guarantees and backload it as well for the second year. On a one year deal, it wouldn't work, of course.

• Team Cap Space: $8,734,387

I think he could do it with the cap space we have now. Just have to give him a deal with guarantees and backload it as well for the second year. On a one year deal, it wouldn't work, of course.

I agree we have enough cap space to do a deal right now. I was just thinking that with a couple of extensions we could have a little something extra if we needed it.

I agree we have enough cap space to do a deal right now. I was just thinking that with a couple of extensions we could have a little something extra if we needed it.
Totally agree. And who knows, if he's looking to play for a ring, he'd be smarter to sign here than any of the other reported options. He's made plenty money in his career without winning anything of note. Maybe he would want to play here, with Drew, for less money and we could even do a one year deal and then free up a little more cash to have some wiggle room left over.

Loomis has been manipulating (in a good way) the salary cap with a handful of signings. I’d like to see him keep the momentum going

To me, ideally... we'd extend Cam Jordan and go ahead and lock Michael Thomas up for the next 4 or 5 years, AND sign McCoy to a 2 or 3 year deal. If we could pull that off, it would save our FO and us fans a LOT of heartburn after this season. Rip the band-aid off now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom