50% running plays, highest in the league so far this season (1 Viewer)

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
They just mentioned this stat in the pre-game, and tried to use as showing that CSP doesn't really trust Winston yet.

I have a different take entirely: CSP using his head and not being the gunslinger is a really, really good thing. How many times have we griped about him forgetting the run game and going gunslinger over the last 5-10 years? I say, "You go ,coach!"

I hope we keep that average throughout the season. When we have a all-world back like Kamara, why would we not be running the ball a lot? And it's only helped Jameis' stats (which are pretty impressive so far, actually), IMHO.

Seems to have worked so far. And given the way our defense has been that's a good offensive strategy usually. And we all know what happens when Winston has been forced to throw 600+ times in a season. Not that anyone is really, but Winston is not that kind of QB. I had faith going into this season that Coach would make the offense work given the circumstances and I'd say he's done a pretty good job so far.

You need more than one RB if that's how you're going to play it. AK got beat up last night. No way he can keep this up for another 11 games.
We are in such bad shape everywhere else on offense, everytime AK touches the ball I hold my breath, hoping he doesn't get lit up and knocked out for the season.

We are in such bad shape everywhere else on offense, everytime AK touches the ball I hold my breath, hoping he doesn't get lit up and knocked out for the season.

Agreed and not only that, but this was the first game CSP let Winston loose. He had 30 attempts in bad weather with second and third tier receivers.

I think CSP knows exactly what he's doing.

Coach Payton: "We plan to run the ball 50% this year"

Also Coach Payton: "Let's cut our 2 veteran backup RBs and roll with some dude that just wandered onto the field during training camp"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom