$500 fine in NOLA for not wearing a mask (1 Viewer)

“Masks are required in public, except during personal outdoor recreation”

ok cool I missed a hyperlink. I’m good With the running. How about dog walking? Or what if I sit by myself and watch my son play soccer
i don't use one for dog walking, but if i'm ever in a grey area, i wear a neck gaiter - easy enough to pull up if needed

I am so old. I showed that gif to my daughter and she had seen the original meme on the internet many times, but she had no idea who that is or what movie it was from.

i refuse to believe that it's Robert Redford in that gif...it's clearly Zack Galifianalalalalakis

I don’t want to get fined, so what is the rule here? And I am not trying to be dense, but I really would like to know the specifics so that I do not get fined. News articles are way too vague to answer this.

On NOLA’s Covid website, it says “Everyone must wear a mask or face covering when performing activities in public.”

I am a runner and have NOT been wearing a mask when I run (I am very pro mask in general, for the record). I thought when we were exercising outdoors it was ok to go maskless (perhaps that was dense as well). Am I missing a nuance to this rule? Again, I do not want to be fined $500.

Also do you have to wear a mask when walking your dog?

Just don't stop running, LOL.

I was thinking of making a day trip out to the city to eat, but I'm staying as far away as I can until this is over with... however long that is.

• 1Like
Reactions: Dre
I've always taken them as "when you can't social distance". I'm pretty thorough about wearing one, but I don't wear it for dog walks/bike rides.

I haven't read all the answers here and I live in CA, not LA but...

If I go for a walk or walk the dog or walk some place, I have a mask on but pull it down under my chin so it's easier to breathe and then any time I begin approaching someone or in the vicinity of other people, I simply pull it up over my face.

When I ride my bike or the rare occasion I am running, I do not wear one. I will however run in the bike lane or side of the road as a courtesy if other people are passing by and then get back on the sidewalk when I am by myself again.

I haven't read all the answers here and I live in CA, not LA but...

If I go for a walk or walk the dog or walk some place, I have a mask on but pull it down under my chin so it's easier to breathe and then any time I begin approaching someone or in the vicinity of other people, I simply pull it up over my face.

When I ride my bike or the rare occasion I am running, I do not wear one. I will however run in the bike lane or side of the road as a courtesy if other people are passing by and then get back on the sidewalk when I am by myself again.

Yeah, if I'm walking outside and if I see someone approaching, I'll either cross the street or get 10-15 feet off of the sidewalk if possible. Either that or I just turn around and walk away.

I prefer staying 100 feet away if I can help it. :hihi:

This seems to be mostly about right. Personal recreation could be a lot of things, so that one might be a bit situational. The point i think is that anytime you're around people you don't live with, you should mask up.

I think that is the point, but "personal recreation" is poorly worded. I mean, what counts as personal recreation? I think anything for exercise clearly counts, but there are grey areas like walking the dog, riding in a convertible with the top down, riding in a car with the windows open, window shopping, etc.

Still, I think the point is that if you are going to be close to other people you don't live with (more than just walking, running, or driving by) wear a damn mask. But, like I said, I really think this is targeted at Bourbon Street where people have been walking around and congregating like people do on Bourbon Street, without wearing masks.

• 1Like
Reactions: Dre
I think that is the point, but "personal recreation" is poorly worded. I mean, what counts as personal recreation? I think anything for exercise clearly counts, but there are grey areas like walking the dog, riding in a convertible with the top down, riding in a car with the windows open, window shopping, etc.

Still, I think the point is that if you are going to be close to other people you don't live with (more than just walking, running, or driving by) wear a damn mask. But, like I said, I really think this is targeted at Bourbon Street where people have been walking around and congregating like people do on Bourbon Street, without wearing masks.

Agreed. I do think just walking down Burbon Street should require wearing a mask because not being in close proximity to people is pretty much unavoidable.

It seems to me the others you listed are clearly ok without wearing masks. But idk, some may view that differently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom