$500 fine in NOLA for not wearing a mask (1 Viewer)

i don't use one for dog walking, but if i'm ever in a grey area, i wear a neck gaiter - easy enough to pull up if needed
There were 3 of us, all walking a pup, & we ended up on the same street corner. All 3 of us goofed up, & forgot our masks, but, we were all 10-15 feet apart from each other. So one of the lady’s pulled up the collar on her tee shirt & covered her nose & mouth. We all followed suit & started laughing. Not a N-95, but we tried to make an effort. Thankfully, I have not left the house without a mask since. 👍🇺🇸

Can't smoke a blunt with a mask on

challenge+accepted.gif

I have a question for the legal experts here. Is their any difference between a mandatory mask law and martial law implemented
after a hurricane? Both infringe your rights via executive order.

So if I'm walking to an appointment for work I need to wear a mask. But if I'm walking in sneakers with headphones I'm good without it? Makes sense.

If you're walking outside, don't need masks unless you're around people. But obviously that's not always personal recreation. I think it specifically should state that walking outside doesn't require a mask unless you're with people you don't live with.

I have a question for the legal experts here. Is their any difference between a mandatory mask law and martial law implemented

Not really. We give our elected officials a lot of power during a declared emergency. You can argue the merits of one vs another but legally you can do a lot to your citizens in the name of public safety.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think they're the same thing. Wearing a mask doesn't limit freedom of movement. Whereas martial law does.

So if I'm walking to an appointment for work I need to wear a mask. But if I'm walking in sneakers with headphones I'm good without it? Makes sense.
The difference being in one you are making a self contained circle (your house, exercise, back to your house); the other you are in and amongst people

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom