53% chance of making playoffs if Saints win next 4 (1 Viewer)

Even if the odds of winning each of the last 4 games in 70% per game, the odds of winning 4 in a row is only 24%... fwiw.

And lets suppose they make the playoffs, do you really want to watch them get out matched in all phases of the game like they did today? The team has a long way to go and I'm talking a few seasons worth of growing before they are playoff worthy.

I don't think I can handle another game this season I would like to see for us to go 8-8 right now and see the Bucs win the division

And lets suppose they make the playoffs, do you really want to watch them get out matched in all phases of the game like they did today? The team has a long way to go and I'm talking a few seasons worth of growing before they are playoff worthy.

I'm all for the youngsters getting some postseason experience under their belts. So yes, I'll gladly take a playoff berth and watch them "learn".

IMO, IF they manage to win the next four games in a row, two against TB which will end thier chances, and against Arizona and Atlanta, then I would say they are playoff worthy and would have the momentum going into the playoffs.

As crazy as it is, Saints are only two games out of last widlcard slot (TB now) and WAS and one game behind everybody else ahead of us (MIN, GB, ARI) with four games left.

We'd need to win out, which looks unlikely to say the least, I could us going 3-1 honestly. I think we have the ability to sweep Tampa and probably will, Arizona's offense will no doubt show up against us though which is my predicted loss, and I think we'll take Atlanta at theirs to split with them. That being said, if we manage to go 3-0 over the next 3 weeks I'd pick us to lose against ATL because it's been the story of this year. I don't know how many of you have seen Apocalypto (it's been out for ages now though so I'm going to assume anyone who would be interested in it has) but we're like one of the guys who hunts down the protagonist, "almost" is the word of this season.

So what is the probability of our getting to where we have a 53 percent probability of making the playoffs? We play three of our last four games on the road and three of the last four against teams that have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. Perhaps five percent. So our chance of making the playoffs is about three percent.

Every team we play has a better record (even if just barely).

I don't think we will go 0-4, but better chance of that than 4-0....

There is absolutely no valid reason to in any way believe that this team can win 4 games in a row, including 3 on the road. At best we will be a 7 - 9 team and I am not sure we can win two more games this year. The flop today put a stake into the hearts of the 2016 team and that is sad and frankly a surprise to many as I really bought into the idea that we could go on a 5 game run - didn't happen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom