Votes: 45 64.3%
  • 55in

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Moar

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
I'm actually thinking about upgrading myself. I have a 52" Samsung that has done me well over the last 10 years. The picture is still great, but I've had some intermittent issues with it (picture goes black & I have to cut the power to it to reset it). It might just be time to move up to a 65" OLED.

Sets are super cheap for the sizes, but I'm considering dropping $2500 on the top of the line Sony XBR. It's rated #1 in consumer reports and that line of TVs has been the benchmark for years. Am I insane for wanting the best and spending that much? I don't make these type purchases often.....when I do, I want close to the best. What chall think?
No, you aren't insane, unless you cant afford it.

I really like OLED, but I'm worried about burn in, since I game a lot. Hence my reason to just go with QLED.

My plasma has the same issues but it has a white sweeper bar that fixes ghosting, before it turns to burn in. If OLED's had a way to fix its self, I'd likely have gotten one.

Because of the nature of my job, I notice imperfections pretty easily.

Yep, I dont care if it looks big. After making a theater room and rolling with a 144" projector everything else feels like underkill.
Same here, built a theater room with a 135” screen, first row of seats 12.5’ away. Nothing like watching football and movies in 7.2.4 Dolby atmos surround sound.

Same here, built a theater room with a 135” screen, first row of seats 12.5’ away. Nothing like watching football and movies in 7.2.4 Dolby atmos surround sound.
I only went with 5.2 but went big doing it. Have dual JBL floor speakers in the front that each have (2) 10" subs, mids and highs. In the rear went with powered bookshelves. Then have two separate 12" powered subs. The set up is high maintenance because every time something blows up in a movie it knocks crap off the walls all through the house. :hihi: My theater room is 20x20 with tile floors and the walls are almost entirely windows on two sides so the acoustics are pretty insane. I haven't gone to the movies in over a decade now. I only have one row of theater seats with 4 reclining chairs. Thought about going with 7.2 and probably will now that bluetooth is an option. Plus if I put the appropriate amount of power to those floor speakers then every action movie would end up with the cops at my house responding to active shooter calls. It was one of my best investments, it has saved me so much money in entertainment costs. My kids want to watch a movie every night and would rather do that than go places. I paid for it the first year by giving up my season tickets to the Saints and the home experience is better than going to most games. In all, it's probably saved me 10x what it cost to build over the last decade and since I have my computer hooked up directly to it and use the 144" screen to edit videos it's mostly a tax write off.

Now we just need to get this damn pandemic over so the huge backlog of new releases will come out. Top Gun 2, I'm speaking to you.

There is a Visio 55” oled on sale today at Best Buy for $800
I’m thinking about pulling the trigger
Anyone want to “sell me” on oled and the Visio brand?
Thanks

There is a Visio 55” oled on sale today at Best Buy for $800
I’m thinking about pulling the trigger
Anyone want to “sell me” on oled and the Visio brand?
Thanks

I remember when Vizio first came out. They were the upper tier of the lower brands of TVs. Not anymore.

Black Friday deals video from the guy who did a lot of the videos that I watched to research TV's.

FF to the 2 minute mark.

He covers TV's by size and by budget.

Am I insane for wanting the best and spending that much? I don't make these type purchases often.....when I do, I want close to the best. What chall think?

Nope, this is my thought on it as well. Anything I plan to keep for several years, I'll get the best I can (within a budget)

I really like OLED, but I'm worried about burn in, since I game a lot. Hence my reason to just go with QLED.

Because of the nature of my job, I notice imperfections pretty easily.

So far so good on my C8, but I make sure if I will be away for a few minutes I have something moving on the screen.

SR mod?

Like his channel . I got the Sony 65” 900h on his recommendation and it’s a great tv so far.
So did I.

I was researching TV's and I was leaning toward the 900h. Then the price dropped from $1,500 to $950. I went to Costco on my next day off and got one. Great TV. It barely fits on my stand though.

Now we need ATSC 3.0 to launch.

I have a huge wall in my great room that is 16 wide and 18 tall. There's a closed staircase behind it so it ends up just being a huge blank wall. We've had a 9 piece entertainment center to take up that space for the last 15 years. I wanted a bigger TV than the 8 year old 49 inch Hitachi we had in the entertainment center. I wanted to go as big as I could but my wife decided there was no way in hell that we were going to get an 82 which I wanted very badly. We compromised on a 75 inch Samsung.

I'm actually satisfied that we made a good compromise because the 75 is the perfect size to take up space but not be a behemoth (which I badly wanted). I felt like I was back in high school doing trigonometry trying to line up the TV on the wall so that it was centered horizontally and vertically to the height of 10 ft. After several measurements, math and stud-finding I finally was able to get it perfect. I got it up on the wall just in time to watch the Saints stomp out Atlanta. Wife was even kind enough to let me turn up the sound bar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom