Votes: 45 64.3%
  • 55in

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Moar

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
I have a huge wall in my great room that is 16 wide and 18 tall. There's a closed staircase behind it so it ends up just being a huge blank wall. We've had a 9 piece entertainment center to take up that space for the last 15 years. I wanted a bigger TV than the 8 year old 49 inch Hitachi we had in the entertainment center. I wanted to go as big as I could but my wife decided there was no way in hell that we were going to get an 82 which I wanted very badly. We compromised on a 75 inch Samsung.

I'm actually satisfied that we made a good compromise because the 75 is the perfect size to take up space but not be a behemoth (which I badly wanted). I felt like I was back in high school doing trigonometry trying to line up the TV on the wall so that it was centered horizontally and vertically to the height of 10 ft. After several measurements, math and stud-finding I finally was able to get it perfect. I got it up on the wall just in time to watch the Saints stomp out Atlanta. Wife was even kind enough to let me turn up the sound bar.
Maybe next time you grow a set and tell your wife you're getting the tv you want and if she don't like it then tough sheet. Women like it when men take charge and assert their dominance. Also....record the conversation...I feel that could be another viral video. Not so much your statement of male dominance but her response.

120”. Don’t be a rookie.

But yea, the real answer depends on how far away you sit.
The resolution of your signal is also important.
For example, a bigger screen won't look as good as a smaller screen if the HD programming is broadcast in 720p.
But 4K programming looks great even on a 65" (or above) screen, if you have a TV that can handle that resolution.

Maybe next time you grow a set and tell your wife you're getting the tv you want and if she don't like it then tough sheet. Women like it when men take charge and assert their dominance. Also....record the conversation...I feel that could be another viral video. Not so much your statement of male dominance but her response.
Yeah........no. I don't have 21 years of marriage under my belt by being stupid. But if you want to show me how it's done and record it, I'll definitely watch.

Well, I compromised and got this year's model for $1800 (Sony XBR65A8H). Same screen and picture quality, but a few less bells and whistles. With the $700 in savings, I splurged on a Klipsch center channel speaker for my home surround sound. Still saved $400 off of my initial impulse. Win - win.

I have a Samsung 40 inch LED flat screen, no need for me to upgrade, it does well. Every time I walk past the t.v. section at Costco, definitely have take a peak though.

What's the price difference between a 55 inch tv, vs a 65 inch tv, and how much do you want to spend?

Last edited:
So did I.

I was researching TV's and I was leaning toward the 900h. Then the price dropped from $1,500 to $950. I went to Costco on my next day off and got one. Great TV. It barely fits on my stand though.

Now we need ATSC 3.0 to launch.
You got a better deal than I did. 1300 at Cowboy Malonie. PS5 looks so good on it.

I have a Samsung 40 inch LED flat screen, no need for me to upgrade, it does well. Every time I walk past the t.v. section at Costco, definitely have take a peak though.

What's the price difference between a 55 inch tv, vs a 65 inch tv, and how much do you want to spend?
In my case, I was set on the Samsung QLED Q80T series.

The 55in is on sale for $1048 and the 65in is on sale for $1498.

I got the 65in.. arrives tomorrow.

We have a 40 inch Visio that we have loved since 2015. I also have a large white wall and a projector when I want to go big.

New TVs are just so crazy cheap right now. I remember a 37 inch TV in the year 2000 would cost $400. Now you can buy a decent 55 inch TV for $350.

Selling or buying used TVs is a joke now. Lots of “I paid $1,100 for this just 3 years ago. Like new condition. Willing to take $600”.

Odds are a new one of similar specs and of bigger size is cheaper.

Yeah........no. I don't have 21 years of marriage under my belt by being stupid. But if you want to show me how it's done and record it, I'll definitely watch.
Just remember....when you think you have it all figured out you get a little lazy and short sighted. I've been a stay at home dad for 14 years while my wife went to work......and it was her idea. What tv I want is rookie stuff haha

So, it arrived today.

Needed to get the wife to help, which is always some what.. umm.. precarious?

Took about 30 minutes, and it was up and set up. Luckily I already have one samsung smart TV (small bedroom one) and my galaxy phone, so doing that set up through the phone was easy.

Looks great. Actually barely takes up any more room than my 54in, because this one has almost no bezel.

Down side... very small crack in the back of the TV housing a few inches away from the connections (hdmi, usb, etc). Doesn't seem to have affected anything, but still not happy to drop $1500 with a damaged product. Noticed some slight damage/oil on the box. But not a puncture or anything.

Anyway, I hit up Amazon customer support, they call me back and long story short, they gave me a 10% discount credit (either as AMZN credit or back on my payment card), and I still have until 1/31/21 to return it, if anything acts weird.. Sadly they didn't offer a free extended warranty, which is what I'd rather have. I'm more concerned about 6 months from now.

However, I also really don't want to return it, because sending a 65in TV back, and then setting up another one is a PITA.

I have to redo my wires.....

1606687794386.png

So, it arrived today.

Needed to get the wife to help, which is always some what.. umm.. precarious?

Took about 30 minutes, and it was up and set up. Luckily I already have one samsung smart TV (small bedroom one) and my galaxy phone, so doing that set up through the phone was easy.

Looks great. Actually barely takes up any more room than my 54in, because this one has almost no bezel.

Down side... very small crack in the back of the TV housing a few inches away from the connections (hdmi, usb, etc). Doesn't seem to have affected anything, but still not happy to drop $1500 with a damaged product. Noticed some slight damage/oil on the box. But not a puncture or anything.

Anyway, I hit up Amazon customer support, they call me back and long story short, they gave me a 10% discount credit (either as AMZN credit or back on my payment card), and I still have until 1/31/21 to return it, if anything acts weird.. Sadly they didn't offer a free extended warranty, which is what I'd rather have. I'm more concerned about 6 months from now.

However, I also really don't want to return it, because sending a 65in TV back, and then setting up another one is a PITA.

I have to redo my wires.....

1606687794386.png

Toss a coin to your Witcher
O Valley of Plenty!
O Valley of Plenty!
Toss a coin to your Witcher
O Valley of Plenty!

:hihi:

I recently (late October) bought the 65 inch Sony X900H and I mostly love it. The only thing that I don't love about it, is that, ever since I did the firmware update to HDMI 2.1, it randomly reboots. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this problem. It's AWFUL to be in the middle of a really heated game and have the TV cut out on you. Granted, the TV turns back on quickly, but it still sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom