$58 million dollar "decoy" (1 Viewer)

simmonstwin

Very Banned
Reaction score
Easy.... Give Deuce his carries back and we win.

Deuce=100yards+25-28carries=Defense not on the field as long=Game goes faster=Win=Playoffs=Greatness

With Deuce and Brees , we cant go wrong!!!!

Rant Over

Here's the thing, the scheme works and part of the reason is the fear of Reggie. So why not run a couple of reverses with Reggie as the featured back then it will open up and you can hand the ball to Reggie like we do with Deuce and things can open up a bit for him.
Reggie is dangerous and the defense accounts for him on every play, when he's on the field he garners attention and opens up the offense. Hopefully, we can continue to get him the ball in space and let him do his thing

If Reggie can pull an LB or two on the end-around action with Deuce up the middle why do we not run this play 20 times a game?

If Reggie can pull an LB or two on the end-around action with Deuce up the middle why do we not run this play 20 times a game?

I have wondered this myself. If the defense begins to jam the middle to contain Deuce then give the ball to Reggie on the reverse and don't be afraid to do it several times in a row. If the defense decides to bring safeties and corners up to help then you start faking the handoff and the reverse and kill them with the pass.

It would be like misdirection option. However, or offense is fine we just needs to hold on to the ball and they wont have any problems.

offense is fine we just needs to hold on to the ball and they wont have any problems.

True dat. If they would just hang on to the ball, it doesn't really matter. The same often can be said for the worst of offenses.

Did you notice what Baltimore was doing?

they were taking away the flats so that Reggie could not turn the corner.

Maybe they figured something out!

Time to redraw some plays.

Did you notice what Baltimore was doing?

they were taking away the flats so that Reggie could not turn the corner.

Maybe they figured something out!

Time to redraw some plays.

Please keep these things in mind...

A.) Baltimore has one of the top defenses in the entire league.
B.) Baltimore's defense (LBs especially) are CRAZY fast.
C.) Baltimore had 2 weeks to gameplan for the Saints offense.

Please keep these things in mind...

A.) Baltimore has one of the top defenses in the entire league.
B.) Baltimore's defense (LBs especially) are CRAZY fast.
C.) Baltimore had 2 weeks to gameplan for the Saints offense.

exactly.. and you know - reggie IS still a rookie, give him some time to get used to the defenses, this is probably the fastest one he has seen yet

Deuce really does need more touches. I'm fine with a few handoffs to Reggie to keep them honest, but mostly just use him as a reciever. The boy scares me in the backfield now.

Deuce really does need more touches. I'm fine with a few handoffs to Reggie to keep them honest, but mostly just use him as a reciever. The boy scares me in the backfield now.

Deuce is still not back to 100% from the knee last season. I'm not sure he could handle 25-20 carries a game again ...yet. There's no doubt that Reggie has struggled rushing the ball this season, but it's too early to start phasing Reggie out of the running game. I don't think that's what you meant Purple Haze, but your reply just got me thinking. We need to keep doing what we've been doing. One bad loss to B-more shouldn't have us trying to re-invent our offense. Heck, take away the TOs and the dropped balls, and the penaltys, and we win that game going away!

I agree as well.....I don't understand all of this hate on Reggie all of a sudden after the Ravens game. Yes, maybe he is not scoring a bunch of touchtowns, but I am by no means ready to throw in the towel or call him a bust as of yet. He is still very dangerous and has to always be accounted for by the defense. So, give him a break guys! He has done much more positives then negitives, trust me(on and off the field).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom