5830 yards.. (1 Viewer)

don't hate me but we will probably only get a handful of years to enjoy it

Matt Ryan is 31 and has 7,000 more yards than Drew Brees did when he was 31

he is roughly 28,000 behind him now and 7 years younger which is an avg of 4,000 a year to catch up, which he has been destroying for a while.

So here is to him losing all his receivers and taking a year or two off or retiring early :)

For the record, Drew amassed 12,348 yds. (2470 yds. avg. per season) during his 5 yrs. in San Diego.

No small wonder that Ryan is about 7K ahead of that pace. Add 1500 yds per year, and there's your 7500 yds difference. But even so, that would put Ryan averaging 4K/yr, which isn't going to have him surpass Drew, unless Ryan plays till he nears or beyond the 50 yr. mark. :ezbill:

We have two 4th quarters against Atlanta in 2017. That could put him over the top.

In the last 6 years, Drew's worst year was 4,870 yards. 74 yards less than Ryan's best year ever. This was by far Ryan's best year ever and it was a normal year for Drew. We're spoiled. I don't know if Ryan can keep up with the torrid pace that Drew set.

he is roughly 28,000 behind him now and 7 years younger which is an avg of 4,000 a year to catch up, which he has been destroying for a while.

So here is to him losing all his receivers and taking a year or two off or retiring early :)

Drew Brees has a super bowl ring. Something Ryan dreams about but games have four quarters

Brees had 35266 yards by the time he was 31. Matt Ryan has 37701. That's not 7000 yards. Since that time Brees has averaged 5146 yards a season. Matt Ryan has never had a 5000 yard season. He would have to average 70 yards a game more than he currently does to pass Brees age-for-age. Do you really see that happening?

Brees had 35266 yards by the time he was 31. Matt Ryan has 37701. That's not 7000 yards. Since that time Brees has averaged 5146 yards a season. Matt Ryan has never had a 5000 yard season. He would have to average 70 yards a game more than he currently does to pass Brees age-for-age. Do you really see that happening?

No, especially since they are once again changing offensive coordinators.

That just means that Drew will have to play 4 more years instead of 2. Unless Matty is a cyborg, no way he catches Drew.

Well at this point in his career, he would rather have more Super Bowl after seeing his buddy in Tom Brady winning another one. Every one wants to talk about the greatest of all time but I know he is itching to be part of the conversation somewhat. People will always measure greatness with Super Bowl wins

Yeah id love to get Drew another on top of having a career passing year and scooping the MVP title. One thing on our side, the last 3 super bowl winners have had QBs over 35 :hihi:

TITCR

Also, check out what happened to Cam Newton's stats after his team chunked the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom