5830 yards.. (1 Viewer)

whodatphil

/sarcasm and tacoes
Reaction score
Just a numbers update for my fellow WhoDats since I know football news will be slow for a little while:

Brees currently stands 3rd all time in NFL passing yards (66,111) needing 5727 to pass Farve (71,838) and 5830 to pass Manning (71940)

In order to make history he would need to average 364 yards/game which is about 40 more yards/game than he's averaged in 2016 (326) and 2015 (325) and about 20 more yards than Manning's historic 2013 season (5477 yards, 342 yd avg)

Of course I know the importance is more so on winning games, staying balanced to bring the city 1 more ring, but if this offense clicks like the 2011 season(5476 yards, 342/game) and our young receivers take another step forward, we could see history come week 17 (week 3 2018 if we're being modest lol)..just one more thing to watch for.

Add a tailback and an elite receiving TE and he could do it with his eyes closed. The problem is, we need a defense and good run game to win games and with those, the stats will go down.

Add a tailback and an elite receiving TE and he could do it with his eyes closed. The problem is, we need a defense and good run game to win games and with those, the stats will go down.

I feel like with the exception of adding depth to the line, the offense is really set. We have a group of talented WRs all on their rookie contracts. RBs that do their job without breaking the bank. We build offensive line through the draft and use the cap space for defense, we will be well on our way

Well at this point in his career, he would rather have more Super Bowl after seeing his buddy in Tom Brady winning another one. Every one wants to talk about the greatest of all time but I know he is itching to be part of the conversation somewhat. People will always measure greatness with Super Bowl wins

Ok, you twisted my arm.. after this season, let's make sure Drew is on the team for at least one more after that!

This can be accomplished by not targeting Fleener 2 more times per game.

Would be cool to see him pass Favre and Manning in the same game

In reality it's going to be 2018 when Drew breaks this record, but how awesome would it be to pass both Favre and Manning in the same game?

Depending on how many yards Drew gets in 2017, I can already see the schedule giving us the Falcons at home in week 3 or 4 of 2018 when he's due to break the record...

don't hate me but we will probably only get a handful of years to enjoy it

Matt Ryan is 31 and has 7,000 more yards than Drew Brees did when he was 31

he is roughly 28,000 behind him now and 7 years younger which is an avg of 4,000 a year to catch up, which he has been destroying for a while.

So here is to him losing all his receivers and taking a year or two off or retiring early :)

Beef up the O line and give Drew time to sit in the pocket like Dak Prescott and watch the magic lol. Its when they push the interior pocket and he gets off his mark that he throws that dreadful interception at the absolute wrong time.

True. But in the next 7 years (after his first 9 years) Drew averaged 5,066 yards a year. But Ryan certainly has a shot depending on longetivity

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom