63 yards was the combined length of the Bucs' 3 TD drives set up by our turnovers. (1 Viewer)

The fact that the defense had to defend after 3 turnovers is THE problem. Whether they should have held TB to 3 FGs shouldn't even be in the discussion. You don't turn the ball over in the playoffs that's a recipe for disaster.

You missed my point. The point is the defense went 0 for 3 in defending those turnovers and didn't get any of their own. We had at least 2 if not 3 dropped interceptions as well.

Like I stated, the lion's share of the responsibility for the loss falls on the offensive side, but the defense has to play better as well. Both facts can be true.

Brady threw for 200 yards. The Saints had 4 turnovers and did not stop the run.

You are correct.
They ran for 3.6 ypc. They stopped the run, but Bucs had the luxury to grind it out due to 4 TOs.

Well, the defense deserves at least some criticism. Saints turned the ball over 3 times, Bucs scored a td every time. That's crappy defense. And defense didn't force any turnovers. They were a step behind for much of the game.
Well it’s also hard to defend on your side on a short field

I was thinking the exact same thing.
I’ve watched Kwon, and he also gets out of place at times. D Davis does sometimes, but much less often. I also saw Anzalone being in the right place most of the times. No one can know who would’ve been in position correctly on any given play unless they are nearly flawless. What makes Kwon better is not that he is smarter, nor a significantly better athlete. What makes him better is that he is a fearless hitter. I think Anzalone has injured his shoulder so many times that he doesn’t sell out on hard hits. Kwon is a stud, but Anzalone is a good player. Anzalone’s play had practically no effect on the outcome, and we would’ve lost with Kwon as well.

Why I don’t think the Bucs should be feeling too good about next week. I know there are flows to the game, but they had to have short fields to score, and still only won by 10. GB is actually going to be able to move the ball.

I pulled up the play by play in the ESPN box score.

We are up 20-13, and just completed a pass to get into Tampa Bay’s territory with 4:41 left in the 3rd.

Our D hasn’t given up a TD all game. Brady can’t even complete 50% of his passes.

If we score a TD it is 27-13 entering the 4th with a TB defense that’s getting gassed.

Instead Jared Cook fumbles. Then we punt. Then back to back interceptions.

That’s choking hard. Not 28-3 choking. But our last 4 possessions resulting in 3 turnovers and a punt is embarrassing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom