7-10 Split (1 Viewer)

I picked up the 7-10 split once at Don Carter's on Manhattan Blvd. I knocked down 10 and the lane malfunctioned and gave me a 3rd try at it. I then got the 7. Does that count?

I don't know exactly how pin-point accurate pro bowlers are. Nevertheless ... it's interesting to see the varying strategies to convert a 7-10. Some bowlers try to mash a pin head on and get it to bounce off the back of the "pit" (unsure of bowling terminology here). Others try to shave the side of one of the pins and hope for a bounce off of the side of the "pit".

I've seen it happen before while we were just bowling for fun, but its 99% luck. Very awesome feat to pull off, goofing around or serious.
We used to bowl every Friday night at Don Carters in BR for hours...

I haven't picked up a 7-10 but came close once. The 10 bounced up out of the pit and glanced the 7 enough to make it wobble but didn't fall. I have picked up the 4-6-7-10 once though by sliding the 6 over into the 4-7.

My biggest takeaway from the video is that people can be really passionate and excited about things other people don't care about. I think that's great! You do you.

This reminds me of something I was told in college and never forgot

"There are things you care about and things you don't. Problems happen when you're talking to someone who doesn't care about what you do, or vice versa"

I've seen it happen before while we were just bowling for fun, but its 99% luck. Very awesome feat to pull off, goofing around or serious.
We used to bowl every Friday night at Don Carters in BR for hours...

Are you saying it's luck when pros do it too? This guy is definitely a pro, I wouldn't call that luck.

Are you saying it's luck when pros do it too? This guy is definitely a pro, I wouldn't call that luck.

I will say that even if they guy is a pro, there was a lot of luck there. This is not from my bowling knowledge which is very little, but just from hearing the comments when they make the 7-10. Also the fact that they mention it hardly ever happens makes me think there is a luck element here.

This article says that nobody can hit it reliably and they go into some details.
They have a Pro who is not able to hit it in the times he tried and says he has only done it 3 or 4 times in his long career.
They also have a bowling robot that they can never get to hit it.

Last edited:
I am saying it was mostly luck. There is no textbook way to get a 7-10 split. Are you saying Pro's (any sport) don't have big plays that happen by luck?

I disagree. I think that's lucky the same way Steph Curry hitting a shot from 7 feet behind the arc is "lucky". Yes, it's harder but I think the chances of hitting it just right are higher for a pro.

I disagree. I think that's lucky the same way Steph Curry hitting a shot from 7 feet behind the arc is "lucky". Yes, it's harder but I think the chances of hitting it just right are higher for a pro.

Watch that video I posted. The pro in the video says its mostly luck and they go into why the 7 10 in particular is luck compared to any other shot.

I picked up the 7-10 split once at Don Carter's on Manhattan Blvd. I knocked down 10 and the lane malfunctioned and gave me a 3rd try at it. I then got the 7. Does that count?
Same place I picked one up. No lane malfunction, though. Just dumb luck. I was just hoping to hit one pin. I hit it, and it bounced over with enough force to knock the other over.

Meh,

The only differences between the way that guy does it and the way I do it are:

1. He's on TV
2. He takes the shorter (easier) option of throwing down hos own lane at the pis closest to him, whipe I don't restrict myself and throw at the more difficult pins on other lanes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom