7 blinks of death (tv) (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So my beloved 55 inch ST50 Panasonic plasma just shut off and gave me the 7 blinks of death. I'm doing some research but have never had any luck trying to repair modern TV's. Is it worth a shot? Should I buy something new? I have no idea what's going on with TV tech these days. Ack!

So I guess I'm looking at recommendations for 60-70inch 4k TV's. I don't necessarily need smart TV functions but I suppose that's standard nowadays. It looks like it'd be $80 for me to buy replacement boards on ebay that I think may be able to fix my plasma. But I'm not sure if it will do the trick and perhaps it's better to put the $80 towards a newer model. Ugh, I really wanted this one to last until 4k was more standard and my daughter was past the age that she would ruin it. :)

I have an old Samsung 50" plasma that i've had for almost 10 years. I've gotten it repaired twice because you still can't beat the picture quality of a plasma. Maybe OLED but that's too $$$. I've had my main board and my power board repaired by Coppell TV Repair. Just remove the part and ship it to them. They fix it and ship it back. Decent prices too. Just be sure to know what part is the problem.

I have an old Samsung 50" plasma that i've had for almost 10 years. I've gotten it repaired twice because you still can't beat the picture quality of a plasma. Maybe OLED but that's too $$$. I've had my main board and my power board repaired by Coppell TV Repair. Just remove the part and ship it to them. They fix it and ship it back. Decent prices too. Just be sure to know what part is the problem.

Well the latter part is the real trick....hehe. I went ahead and ordered the three possible broken boards. One came in today. I changed it and it’s a no go. I’ll wait for the next two and hope it does the trick.

Well my replacement parts did not work and only created another error code. I'm done and ordered a new TV.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom