7 Days in and it's Already "Maybe Next Year" (1 Viewer)

Some of you are some weak *** fans, trolls or should actually watch the games and not post when drunk.

We have lost 2 games by 4 points. One play here or there and we are 2-0.

This defense if not for the melt down in the fourth quarter of the first game has done a damn fine job with a make shift secondary.

As for you quoting statistics. Statistics showed we were 4-0 against the Giants with Sean as our coach. Statistics show when the Saints have a plus 3 in the turnover margin we win the games.

I believe we win our next game. Build confidence and start tearing up the league.

Our division has 2 teams at 1-1 and 2 at 0-2. We are 1 game out of being tied for first.

The Saints WILL win the division.

SO SAY WE ALL!!

Take your glasses off. Good teams win. Dont try to paint a pretty picture using mud.

Stats show we fought tough and came out short on both ends. If we cant win the tough games, how we winning the Division? I'll tell you we arent going to do that. If Atlanta beats us by 1 pt at home you can throw in the towel. 0-3 and stick a knife in us.

This is not the year for this team to do anything. We are too young and dont have the cap to sign good players. Next year this team needs to make major strides but this year, 7-9 will be a good year.

This team, from the coach on down, needs to learn how to close out games that are tight, even if that means forcing OT. They are not giving themselves a chance at the end.

Maybe for you, but im not ready to throw in the towel by any means!!#WHODAT

Because I care about this team and I'm sick and tired of them being irrelevant.

If they are irrelevant, and the season is already over, then why do you feel the need to discuss them?

A lot of you are acting like a co-dependent lover who stays in a relationship they don't want to be in. You have no faith for it to improve this year and all you want to do is complain to others about how bad your partner is. This forum is basically degrading itself into a CODA meetup and feeding off each others' misery.

If you choose to stay in a relationship, it's ok to be critical of issues that need to be addressed, but be supportive and show your partner that you believe in them. If you've given up on the relationship, then stop whining about it, move on, and see you next year.

I could see being this negative if the losses were blowouts or we didn't see signs of improvement. Yesterday, the defense faced perhaps the best WR in the league, a top ten QB and a decent running game and didn't give up a touchdown. A fluke blocked kick returned for a TD won the game.

Last week the team was cruising to victory. The offense was rolling and the D was holding them until Breaux went out. Then Oakland found new life. The team wasn't prepared to lose another corner.

I get being bummed, but I do believe there are reasons to believe in this team. The offense is still potent. The defense is growing and improving. The trick is getting on the same page. A solid win could give this young team enough confidence to go on a roll.

Not sure how people came into this season with such high expectations that they're infuriated after an 0-2 start. Were we looking at different rosters in the off-season? This season has always been about the future.

I've actually come out of these first two weeks feeling quite hopeful about how our young guys look. Where did that D performance come from yesterday?? I currently feel a lot better about our young personnel going forward than I do about our coach going forward..

Reality say it's over. 4 years of this in the last 5 seasons

To say it ain't over, which part of me wants to, is just blind optimism

On that note, on to 1-2, no way Falcons come here and get a W in primetime

Let's not insult each other. I think those who think we won't have a winning season have a strong case for their stance. I'd love for us start consistently winning games again and I'll be there Monday night cheering them on. We'll see what happens but eventually the front office must be held accountable.
So basically what you are saying is you were wrong! Its not yet "Maybe Next Year"

What it seems you meant to say is "it is unlikely the season will pan out, but there is still plenty of reason to continue hoping for a good season as the slim chance is still there".

it is called history and statistics. since 2006 if the saints go 2-2 or worse they don't make the playoffs. If they go 1-3 ...statistically in the history of the entire nfl, teams very rarely bounce back and make the playoffs. we're talking like 10% chance if they go 1-3

You may not actually be aware of Saints History but we have been to the playoffs 10 times as a Franchise.

6 of those 10 we began with a record of 2-2 or worse. So if you want to jump off the train dont begin to lecture the rest of us as to how hopeful we should be.

Just curious if you all who feel this way about the Saints's season give up this quickly at everything in your lives or is it limited to the team?

If this were a real life scenario, I wouldn't keep making the same mistakes over-and-over-and-over again. It's unnatural and odd. It's like watching the same movie every year, and wondering how it's going to end. If you want to be mystified, watch a different movie. Watching the same show and acting like you don't know how it's going to end is weird.

You can live in the real world, but you'll have to acknowledge that we've started 0-2 yet again, and only look barely different from the last several disappointing seasons. Forgive those of us who have decided that 0-2 is insurmountable, since this team proved that to be the case previously.

On top of that, we have no home field advantage anymore, and a very difficult schedule.

We have no home field advantage b/c the fans give up too quickly.

If this were a real life scenario, I wouldn't keep making the same mistakes over-and-over-and-over again. It's unnatural and odd. It's like watching the same movie every year, and wondering how it's going to end. If you want to be mystified, watch a different movie. Watching the same show and acting like you don't know how it's going to end is weird.

They know how it ends. They just refuse to accept the reality of it.

This season, and the last one as well, have always been about 2017 & 2018. If you have thought otherwise, you haven't been paying attention.

Neither season should be judged on it's own merit, but by whether the Saints are able to make at least 2 more strong pushes to get to the Super Bowl before Brees hangs them up.

Anything else is foolhardy.

Step away from the ledge....we have plenty of time to turn this around. Have some faith....Ryan is no longer calling clueless defenses out there. This ain't over!!!!!

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom