7 New Deadly Sins (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Drat. I was hoping in the new movie they would find his wife bled out into hundreds of McDonald's cups along the highway or something. Maybe die of the smoke of too many candles from pier one.

One of the hazards of being a Catholic in a Protestant country. Y'all don't know how lucky you are down there in New Orleans where people assume you are Catholic unless told otherwise. It is not like that anywhere else in the US. You should here some of the crazy things people believe about us.

My favorite has always been that we worship the Virgin Mary instead of God.

Polluting is now a sin says the guy that constantly travels the world in a private jets and motorcades.

Excessive accumulation of wealth?

Pedophilia????

Name me one individual or religion richer than Roman Catholicism. They are in elite company. And don't get me started about how they protected priests that they knew were
engaging in "questionable" activities....

How much did the lawsuits cost them?

I was baptized, had communion, and confirmed a Catholic, but will never attend a Catholic church again, or drop a dime in the basket.

To me they are hypocritical. They need to clean up their own house, before worrying about mine.

I was very disappointed with their response after Katrina.

Just my opinion.

Joe

A Lot of individual people are richer than the Catholic Church. Unless you mean the accumulated wealth of all Catholics? The Catholic Church annually gives away almost all of their profit to charitible organizations. They are on the cutting edge of nearly all humanitarian agendas.

The pedophilic Priest epidemic is pretty localised here in America. It isn't really a Churchwide problem. Also, I really think (and this may be my own cynicism here) that a lot of those lawsuits were people who just smelled the blood in the water and faked their way to an easy payday.

Just my opinion.

Joe

To clarify, the Archbishop didn't say that being wealthy was a sin. Rather, he said that "the pursuit of obscene wealth was a serious sin" that puts a soul at risk. Again, nothing new here, simply reiterating the long standing warning against greed.

This kind of reminds me of a previous thread where headlines said, 'Pope says Catholic Church the Only True Church,' or something to that effect. There was comment after comment decrying the Pope's remarks and people saying 'how dare the Pope say I'm going to Hell.' Well, it turned out that he essentially said all Christian faiths will lead to salvation but the Catholic Church is the truest or fullest, or something like that. Even after the remarks were clarified people still said 'how dare he say that I'm going to Hell.'

It's interesting, and somewhat disturbing, how bad the coverage is of the Catholic Church, and how easily this misinformation is accepted and perpetuated.

None of this is anything new. I don't see why it is being presented as such.

Pedophilia????

Name me one individual or religion richer than Roman Catholicism. They are in elite company. And don't get me started about how they protected priests that they knew were
engaging in "questionable" activities....

How much did the lawsuits cost them?

I was baptized, had communion, and confirmed a Catholic, but will never attend a Catholic church again, or drop a dime in the basket.

To me they are hypocritical. They need to clean up their own house, before worrying about mine.

I was very disappointed with their response after Katrina.

Just my opinion.

Joe
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I think the Catholic Church is the largest charity in the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom