7 RD Saints Mock/FA[2/6/07] (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
FA:
Two big pick-ups
CB, Nnamdi Asomugha: Arguably the best CB in the league, and will vastly improve the Saints' struggling passing defense. Asomugha has great awareness, and the speed to run down anybody in the open field. He can jump high enough to bat nearly any ball.
w_NnamdiAsomugha_v.jpg

DT, Corey Williams: Will provide great penetration up the middle and completely improve our passing defense AND rushing defense with his ability to get off even the strongest blockers to make a play.
x3281_large.jpg

Draft-
Saints need impact players with all of their picks, so for a better chance at this they trade Dallas Round 1 pick 10 (1,300) and Round 2 pick 42 (480) for Round 1 pick 22 (780) and Round 1 pick 28 (660)

Rd 1-
pick 1 - CB, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State: Cromartie is pound for pound one of the best CBs in this draft, and will prove to be a solid corner in the NFL. His athleticism is amazing. He is extremely fast, and smart. He knows exactly what to do on the field, and when to do it to make a play. He will be an instant starter behind Nnamdi.
Dominique%20Rodgers-Cromartie,%20Tennessee%20State.jpg

pick 2 - OLB, Curtis Lofton, Oklahoma U: Lofton is fast and strong, and he isn't a small guy either. He's a human wrecking ball. He is CONSTANTLY making plays and running down ball carriers. He is the tackling machine the saints defense is lacking.
1452334.jpeg

Rd 3-
WR, Eddie Royal, Virginia Tech: Royal is a speedy guy with great hands. He will rarely drop a pass, and can break nearly any coverage, and will be open 90% of the time. He will be a solid starter opposite to Colston who will be a consistent playmaker at WR unlike anybody this year, excluding Colston.
PH2007100601637.jpg

Rd 4-
Trae Williams, CB, South Florida: More help for our secondary. Very fast guy who rarely gets beat in coverage and has the hands and awareness to take away any mistake a QB will throw his way.
xo8vk1ww.jpg

Rd 5-
Brad Cotton, TE, Tennessee: Cottam is one of the best blocking TEs coming into this draft, and would help provide protection for Brees and block to the outside for the RB, while also providing another receiving threat aside Billy Miller, which the Saints need. Brees uses the TE as an effective weapon, and Cottam would help with this.
35953.jpg

Rd 6-
Dominique Barber, S, Minnesota: Barber is a defenite upgrade over Bullocks and would provide MORE help to the Saints' horrible secondary. Once again, a guy who can force turnovers, and turn perfect throws by quarterbacks into interceptions.
p1fbsb1113F.jpg

Rd 7-
DE, Adam Oliver, Georgia Tech: Very strong guy who can consistently get at the QB and wrap up ball carriers. Will provide depth to help the rotation on the D-Line.
6noieph0.jpg

So, what do you think? Did I go overboard? I don't think it's too unrealistic, but eh... :shrug:

Last edited:
:perfect10: If that happns and we resign some key guys i will :1party: :rock_band: :drummer: :1band:

The best offseason and mock i have seen in the offseason, maybe a trade back to get drc though

Nnamdi Asomugha is as good as tagged. The Packers are trying to decide if Harrell is ready to take William's place but if they decide he isn't...no Williams either. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade. Just trying to keep things realistic. If either guy does hit the FA market I'm sure the Saints will be one of first teams in line........

Thats a good "dream" draft...now how bout we all put in some time and talk about what REALLY will happen?

Thats a good "dream" draft...now how bout we all put in some time and talk about what REALLY will happen?

Oh please wise guru tell me exactly how it will go.

I'll take it anyway with Asamogha replaced with the best CB avaliable who will come here.
Unfortunately last year that was Jason David but I have faith.

Good job (Lofton went to Oklahoma though)

I'll take it anyway with Asamogha replaced with the best CB avaliable who will come here.
Unfortunately last year that was Jason David but I have faith.

Good job (Lofton went to Oklahoma though)
oops..not sure why I put Ohio, thanks for the heads up

That would be a amazing off season for sure.

Well the Saints surprise me every year in FA and the draft....they never seem to take or go after the guys I and and lot of folks on here think we should draft or go after in FA.

I think instead of this year trying to rack my brain around what we should draft go after in FA but what we will actually do approach, I will take the "go along for the ride and wait and see approach."

By the way, if this scenario were to happen I would very happy...the only thing I would change would be Cotton in the 6th to maybe a DE or DT.

Last edited:
I like your 6th round pick a lot, i think Dominque Barber will prove to be a great pick in the 5th or 6th round. If somehow Nnamdi Asomugha is no tagged and we get him it would be the greatest day ever. Corey Williams is a very possible player to be a FA that the saints will target, I think you target too many corners we have Young who could develop into a star in a few years already. If Curtis Lofton is there then we better take himhe will be a playmaker. I don't like the fact that DT wasn't addressed in the draft, Hollis Thomas is getting old and we should look for someone to replace him in the future, like Frank Okam for example. If we get Nnamdi Asomugha do we then really need Cromarite, there are a ton of great players in the first round and Nnamdi Asomugha means that corner is pretty much taken care of and that you should probally get an outside linebacker or trade up and get Dorsey or Ellis. It's a great draft though.

Last edited:
IF IF IF we were able to get a CB like Samuel or Aso I think the first pick would have to be a something other then CB. but I sure would llove to have.

McK
Aso
Cormartie Rogers
Yound
David or Craft

Well the Saints surprise me every year in FA and the draft....they never seem to take or go after the guys I and and lot of folks on here think we should draft or go after in FA.

I think instead of this year trying to rack my brain around what we should draft go after in FA but what we will actually do approach, I will take the "go along for the ride and wait and see approach."

By the way, if this scenario were to happen I would very happy...the only thing I would change would be Cotton in the 6th to maybe a DE or DT.

That's the philosophy I take.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom