7 RD Saints Mock/FA[2/6/07] (1 Viewer)

A 6th round pick is better than our current starting safety...really?

People hate Josh Bullocks on this board, if he werent on the team we would have the #1 defense in the league...well atleast pass defense (if you ask them)

People hate Josh Bullocks on this board, if he werent on the team we would have the #1 defense in the league...well atleast pass defense (if you ask them)

I haven't read anything close to that, but I have not been impressed with his play. I think there is a certain group of fan that tends to give up on players too soon and another group that has the hardest time letting players go. If I were honest with myself I would probably be in the camp that gives up on players too soon; however I do not remember giving up on a player that turned it around later.

I do not see any improvement with Josh over the last couple of seasons. I have not seen a marked improvement with our D when he is playing, but I have seen an improvement when he has been benched/injured. I think FS is a position that can be upgraded pretty easily.

If we get Nnamdi Asomugha in free agency, I doubt we get a CB in the 1st round, atleast not at the #10 spot.

Which is why I have us trading out 1st and 2nd to Dallas for their 2 firsts. The trade value is actually better for Dallas. With one of our 1sts I have us getting Cromartie, incase McKenzie doesn't come back 100%

Oh please wise guru tell me exactly how it will go.

you asked for feedback, and he gave you some. Why the snide remark? Please explain why the Cowboys would trade up? Why would the Saints give up those two picks for less than value by a second round pick (440)? What do the Saints give up to Oakland for their CB who will probably be franchised? Why would a safety who is primed and ready to start in the NFL and would make such an impact that you are predicting last until the 6th round? How does a WR who is guaranteed to be open 90% of the time, never drop a pass and break any coverage last until the third round? Why put together something like this, ask for feedback, and then get upset when someone doesn't think it's realistic?

you asked for feedback, and he gave you some. Why the snide remark? Please explain why the Cowboys would trade up? Why would the Saints give up those two picks for less than value by a second round pick (440)? What do the Saints give up to Oakland for their CB who will probably be franchised? Why would a safety who is primed and ready to start in the NFL and would make such an impact that you are predicting last until the 6th round? How does a WR who is guaranteed to be open 90% of the time, never drop a pass and break any coverage last until the third round? Why put together something like this, ask for feedback, and then get upset when someone doesn't think it's realistic?

I don't get how he says it's a dream draft. What is unrealistic? I asked for feedback not sarcastic or ******* remarks.

you don't need to be like that, he was just trying to be optimistic about the players he has us drafting you don't need to beat up on him for it. You can;t say that a player in the 6th round isn't ready do start i remember us drafting a WR in round 7th in 06 that was better than our other wide recievers, but I will admit the chances are against it, but you never know.

Last edited:
Finally a mock I (somewhat) can agree with. I like how you put the emphasis on defense, but added some offensive playmakers to fill some holes. Good job.

Saints don't need two first rounders though. We can pick Keith Rivers in the first, and trade up in the second to get Cromartie if possible. I think they should stay pat in the draft. Also, like others have said, the Oakland CB will probably not be available.

I would propose getting Drayton Florence and Corey Williams in free agency, then drafting Rivers with our first, and attempting to trade up to get Cromartie in the second.

Last edited:
you don't need to be like that, he was just trying to be optimistic about the players he has us drafting you don't need to beat up on him for it. You can;t say that a player in the 6th round isn't ready do start i remember us drafting a WR in round 7th in 06 that was better than our other wide recievers, but I will admit the chances are against it, but you never know.

I'm not beating him up, I'm merely pointing out why someone may question the "realistic" potential of his mock.

I don't get how he says it's a dream draft. What is unrealistic? I asked for feedback not sarcastic or ******* remarks.

Of course you don't get how he can say it's a dream draft. You created this based on what you perceive is realistic. He doesn't.

Nnamdi Asomugha is as good as tagged. The Packers are trying to decide if Harrell is ready to take William's place but if they decide he isn't...no Williams either. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade. Just trying to keep things realistic. If either guy does hit the FA market I'm sure the Saints will be one of first teams in line........

I'm starting to think he might not be tagged. If he is, he will earn 8 to 9 Million for being tagged. I'm not sure Al Davis will do this being they have a top 5 pick in the 1st round that will cost $$$ as well. It may be possible.

Of course you don't get how he can say it's a dream draft. You created this based on what you perceive is realistic. He doesn't.

I don't think you get what I'm saying..I meant he could've atleast EXPLAINED how it was a "dream draft" so I could improve on it, rather than making a stuck up remark and contributing nothing to the thread and how the mock could be improved.

I'm praying Asomugha hits free agency. He is one of the best, if not the best, corners in man-to-man coverage. He would fit our scheme PERFECTLY. Corey Williams seems to be popular here, and I have gotten the chance to see a couple of Packers games. He isn't dominant, yet, but he is still pretty good. He would allow Grant and Smith to generate more sacks if he gets a good push up the middle. I would love DRC, but not at #10, especially if we got Asomugha in FA. Lofton also seems to be popular here and judging by what I have seen in a few of his highlights, he looks very impressive. We need to draft a LB or two in this draft.

Nice work and thanks for putting this together d3vanj.

Last edited:
I'm praying Asomugha hits free agency. He is one of the best, if not the best, corners in man-to-man coverage. He would fit our scheme PERFECTLY. Corey Williams seems to be popular here, and I have gotten the chance to see a couple of Packers games. He isn't dominant, yet, but he is still pretty good. He would allow Grant and Smith to generate more sacks if he gets a good push up the middle. I would love DRC, but not at #10, especially if we got Asomugha in FA. Lofton also seems to be popular here and judging by what I have seen in a few of his highlights, he looks very impressive. We need to draft a LB or two in this draft.

Nice work and thanks for putting this together d3vanj.
If you look closely I have us picking him up at 22, trading our 1st and 2nd to Dallas so we could get Lofton in the late 1st rather than take a chance of him going before we pick in the 2nd

and thanks for the compliments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom