7 year old girl murdered in Houston (1 Viewer)

Our justice system shouldn’t be used to satisfy victims. That’s not justice.
Perhaps not, but it's very human. "Our" justice system is also "Their" justice system. Judging the mourners to be as culpable the killers is patently absurd.

Ever take a piece of river cane, and split it so that it creates a razor sharp edge knife? We did this all the time when I was a kid.

Reportedly, the Natchez tribe would bury captured enemies in sand up to the shoulders. Women of the tribe who had lost warriors in battle were then allowed to use a cane knife to remove the head, one cut at a time. Sometimes it took days.

How to Make a Cane Knife and Spear
http://sensiblesurvival.blogspot.com/2012/04/make-river-cane-knife-and-spear.html

Perhaps not, but it's very human. "Our" justice system is also "Their" justice system. Judging the mourners to be as culpable the killers is patently absurd.

Ever take a piece of river cane, and split it so that it creates a razor sharp edge knife? We did this all the time when I was a kid.

Reportedly, the Natchez tribe would bury captured enemies in sand up to the shoulders. Women of the tribe who had lost warriors in battle were then allowed to use a cane knife to remove the head, one cut at a time. Sometimes it took days.

http://sensiblesurvival.blogspot.com/2012/04/make-river-cane-knife-and-spear.html

The victims of a crime aren’t expected to be rational.

Our justice system is our justice system. There is no “their”. There is a reason we don’t just let the mourners choose the punishment.

The tactic of the Natchez you describe is terrible, and not anything we should aspire to. I’m not even sure why you brought it up.

You know he was talking about general public and not family

The victims of a crime aren’t expected to be rational.

Hello, WhoDatPhan78,

Our justice system is our justice system. There is no “their”. There is a reason we don’t just let the mourners choose the punishment.

The tactic of the Natchez you describe is terrible, and not anything we should aspire to. I’m not even sure why you brought it up.

I see we have a semantics issue here as well.
The "victim" of the crime of murder is dead. No, I don't expect them to be rational.
Using the term "victim" to describe the relatives of the dead is a misnomer.
The use of a personal possessive pronoun for the judicial system is simply something I've been trained not to do. It's a Journalism thing.
For those who wish to condemn modern execution methods, there are worse ways - hence the cane knife.
You know, for some cases, the Marine in me fully supports the cane knife approach to execution . . . eh, don't mind me. :mwink:

Hi Guido. :)

-dd

The "victim" of the crime of murder is dead. No, I don't expect them to be rational.
The use of a personal possessive pronoun for the judicial system is simply something I've been trained not to do. It's a Journalism thing.
For those who wish to condemn modern execution methods, there are worse ways - hence the cane knife.
You know, for some cases, the Marine in me fully supports the cane knife approach to execution . . . eh, don't mind me. :mwink:

-dd

Nope. The family are victims, but it’s not really the point. I get it though, it’s your thing.

-dd
'sup

here's what i'm curious about (it's a bit 'bear poking' but it's a serious question)
so those military guys (or those who have supported military missions) have essentially been fighting against countries who have a strong islamic fundamentalist bent.
the pro-death penalty/public execution stances expressed on this thread, would be well supported in the countries that we are at war with
how do you square that?

'sup

here's what i'm curious about (it's a bit 'bear poking' but it's a serious question)
so those military guys (or those who have supported military missions) have essentially been fighting against countries who have a strong islamic fundamentalist bent.
the pro-death penalty/public execution stances expressed on this thread, would be well supported in the countries that we are at war with
how do you square that?

That's easy. Support the death penalty, but oppose putting women in burkas. :hihi:
There are literally thousands of points where traditional US military values coincide and coexist with Islam and thousands of points where they are diametrically opposed.

That's easy. Support the death penalty, but oppose putting women in burkas. :hihi:
There are literally thousands of points where traditional US military values coincide and coexist with Islam and thousands of points where they are diametrically opposed.
I didn’t say islam
I was specific to fundamentalist islam
Which has the same problem as fundamental Christianity - the amoral contradiction

Drawing of suspect.

190103-mugshot-no-id-suspect-normal-ac-648p_e2d9e177ea9bf84ef727987edbd5b4e1.fit-360w.jpg

I hope Tony Gonzales has a good alibi

I disagree. A parent who has to physically identify the mutilated remains of their child should be allowed to view the public execution of the murderer. Popcorn with butter sauce optional.

Equating said parent to the murderer is inane.

Murder is either wrong or it’s not. You can’t pick and choose what suits you and the mound of flesh you want exacted. Do it or advocate for it and you’re no better than those who have wronged you. Eye for an eye eventually leaves the whole world blind.

tit for tat is no system of justice

I agree mostly. The important thing is whatever the consequences are, they have to be able to be undone. For an innocent man being wrongly put to death, there are no do-overs. I don’t think innocent people deserve to die just so that people who were wronged get their pound of flesh.

I agree mostly. The important thing is whatever the consequences are, they have to be able to be undone. For an innocent man being wrongly put to death, there are no do-overs. I don’t think innocent people deserve to die just so that people who were wronged get their pound of flesh.

sorry. i was being a 12 yr old - you typed "mound of flesh" - i went with the stupid joke
not sorry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom