70% Completions 148 yards 5 TDs 0 INTS (1 Viewer)

People thought we were going to be this crazy run and shoot offense because of Winston but that’s not Payton and that’s not what we need from Winston. Dink and Dunk offense is boring but if run right you can dissect a D and rip their soul out. I said in another thread. Take what the D gives you, don’t turn the ball over and we’d be fine.
Good point though it is worth noting that Sean felt they could wear the Packers down/limit the effectiveness of the Packers' offense by running the football. It was very, very hot on the field and coming in the expectation was that the team that played better in the trenches would win. I do think we will see more passing from Winston and keep in mind, we had some chunk plays drawn up but Green Bay played well. Jameis wisely checked it down or threw it away or ran when he could. Lastly, we had a lot of short fields, which minimized some of the way plays were being called.

It feels so weird to have a new dimension to he fame. A qb that can go deep and also make something happen with his feet. He’s reminding me more like Russell@seattle. Hope he can keep it up.

as much as I love db9 I do admit maybe he stayed a couple of years too long. What a difference when the defense respects the deep ball.

I wonder what happens to tay now. We don’t need him to throw the deep ball anymore and now defense are going to assume he’s going to run with the ball. He lost weight to play qb and u can see it when he runs he needs that muscle back.

He also had 2 accurate passes that were dropped. Great effecient game from him. Sean wanted to call this game a little more conservatively, that was obvious (and for good reason with the team we were playing) .. I think things will open up a lot more as the season goes.

It feels so weird to have a new dimension to he fame. A qb that can go deep and also make something happen with his feet. He’s reminding me more like Russell@seattle. Hope he can keep it up.

as much as I love db9 I do admit maybe he stayed a couple of years too long. What a difference when the defense respects the deep ball.

I wonder what happens to tay now. We don’t need him to throw the deep ball anymore and now defense are going to assume he’s going to run with the ball. He lost weight to play qb and u can see it when he runs he needs that muscle back.
At Tampa the coaches strongly discouraged Winston from running.

Most forget Winston was the #1 ranked dual threat QB coming out of high school.

At Tampa the coaches strongly discouraged Winston from running.

Most forget Winston was the #1 ranked dual threat QB coming out of high school.
And you know, we don't need him to be Lamar Jackson, Michael Vick or any of the other running QB's out there. He shows he can be a pocket passer that scrambles when necessary. We have great potential as a team this year even if we, as fans, try not to set our expectations too high -though, let's be honest, of course we do.

The number of TDs that he threw for really speaks to why he is the guy but the fact that he only had to throw an average of 30 yards for each of those TDs also says a ton about how well our Oline and Backs were today. We were outstanding in every area.
Also a result of how deep the Packer's safeties played

People thought we were going to be this crazy run and shoot offense because of Winston but that’s not Payton and that’s not what we need from Winston. Dink and Dunk offense is boring but if run right you can dissect a D and rip their soul out. I said in another thread. Take what the D gives you, don’t turn the ball over and we’d be fine.
Who thought that? This is a Sean Payton designed offense, we take shots down field but it's a west coast based system so the short intermediate passing game is the bread and butter mixed with a potent rushing game opens up the deep ball shots when called.

I can say and alot of people can agree though it's just one game you can't act like your weren't surprised by the lack of a passing attack today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom