70% Completions 148 yards 5 TDs 0 INTS (3 Viewers)

What's being lost is that Jameis MADE PLAYS. He climbed the pocket, he bought time, he scrambled when he needed to, made throws on the run.

I'm not trying to make him out to be Mahomes or anything, but it's not like he was just managing the game either.
Great statement because some of those scrambles could have been sacks!!! A

Who thought that? This is a Sean Payton designed offense, we take shots down field but it's a west coast based system so the short intermediate passing game is the bread and butter mixed with a potent rushing game opens up the deep ball shots when called.

I can say and alot of people can agree though it's just one game you can't act like your weren't surprised by the lack of a passing attack today.
There is an entire thread about it on here and I had to actually cut and paste and article explaining the west coast offense.

Who thought that? This is a Sean Payton designed offense, we take shots down field but it's a west coast based system so the short intermediate passing game is the bread and butter mixed with a potent rushing game opens up the deep ball shots when called.

I can say and alot of people can agree though it's just one game you can't act like your weren't surprised by the lack of a passing attack today.
Jameis was everything we needed him to be today. The lack of WR playmaking is a big concern i will admit. Every game is not going to come to the Saints as smooth as this one did...

This game looked a lot like Teddy’s first start. Payton protected him, only difference is Jamies is always looking for the deep ball and Teddy almost never is.

Watch, the offense will slowly open up and will be wide open by the half way point.

Winston was great today. Big yardage days can be misleading. How often does a QB throw for 350+ because he’s in a shootout or playing from behind? Something about this game reminded me of the Eagles game in 09. The Saints just did whatever they wanted to do all game long.

Winston played smart football today. He ran when he needed. He threw it away instead of forcing it and aired it out as needed. Just very impressive. His best game as a pro

Winston has something with the Saints he didn't have in Tampa, a great coach.
True, also a solid offensive line, way above average running game, well coached receiving corps, coupled with a relentless get in your face defense.

As long as he buys into the Payton philosophy of ball control take what the defenses give you he will earn comeback player of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom