748-Pound Shark Caught Off S. Fla. (1 Viewer)

I'm glad they did at least plan to eat it, though I'm not sure they set out to catch a shark for food. I don't object to hunting or fishing, but I do think it should be sporting and I think it should be done with as much compassion as possible. Kill quickly, don't drag it out.

Mako, what a cool name for a shark. If I were gonna be eaten by a shark, I would want it to be a Mako!!
Great White...nahh, a little too racist for me.
Bull Shark...really? Does it have horns? besides they are too small, they just take a bite out of you and you die of blood loss.
Tiger Shark... I don't look good in stripes.
Megamouth...hell no, sounds like a Transformer!
Thresher Shark....now that's a cool shark, with that huge tailfin, bigger than a '59 Caddy. Besides any shark that leaves a scar on Hooper is allright by me.

Mako, what a cool name for a shark. If I were gonna be eaten by a shark, I would want it to be a Mako!!
Great White...nahh, a little too racist for me.
Bull Shark...really? Does it have horns? besides they are too small, they just take a bite out of you and you die of blood loss.
Tiger Shark... I don't look good in stripes.
Megamouth...hell no, sounds like a Transformer!
Thresher Shark....now that's a cool shark, with that huge tailfin, bigger than a '59 Caddy. Besides any shark that leaves a scar on Hooper is allright by me.

Lemon shark - Fresh, goes well with vodka.
Blue shark - Cheer up buddy!
Hammerhead - Now that is cool shark!
Sawfish - Seriously? How many tool-shaped sharks do we really need?
Basking shark - Likes laying in the sun listening to Jimmy Buffet.

depending on if its a short fin mako or long fin mako will determine if its a legal species. One is threathened/off limits. (long fin)

I think its a long fin mako and fairly rare. Hard to tell in the video however. Damn shame to kill a female of breeding age on either species. Especially since its not the greatest table fare unless you tail and bleed it( which they didnt do). They also tail drug it till it died by drowning which was shown in one of the video frames.

coolest shark...

bioluminescent sharks they have their own lights to make sure they are biting you in a critical place.( not really but they are cool as hell) The females have two "landing light rows" to direct the male to the appropriate location of reproduction. Which would be beneficial in complete darkness to stop the males from missing the goal or hole as the case may be.

here is a link to one... cookie cutters sharks
http://www.whaletimes.org/cookiecutter.htm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom