8-4, remember a couple years back, 2003, I believe. (1 Viewer)

DeuceisaBEAST!

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The Saints were 8-4 and had to win 1 of their last 4 games and couldn't do it. I remember a game with the vikes when Culpepper fumbled on a 2 point conversion to win it and it pops right back up perfectly and he walks in for the conversion. Also that year, the Saints score too early against the Falcons and Jay Feely kicks a 46 or something yard FG to win it. They scored too early on the play Deuce plowed over that Carpenter guy on one of his dominating runs. Just some memories, that I know WILL NOT happen this year because of the coaching, the players we have, and Drew Brees>>>>>>>>>>Aaron Brooks. Just venting from that year, I was really mad. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything because I am just remembering not looking at facts. Geaux Saints!!

2002 is the season. We didn't play Atlanta in the final 4 games, we did win 1 of the last 4 (Baltimore) and finished 9-7 out of the playoffs.

2002 is the season. We didn't play Atlanta in the final 4 games, we did win 1 of the last 4 (Baltimore) and finished 9-7 out of the playoffs.

I knew that about not playing ATL but just wanted to add that heartbreaker. Dang, that's right, we finished 9-7 and didn't make it. 9-7 probably will get you a wildcard this year.

I knew that about not playing ATL but just wanted to add that heartbreaker. Dang, that's right, we finished 9-7 and didn't make it. 9-7 probably will get you a wildcard this year.

That's what we thought when we were 8-4 in 2002 (Atlanta got in over us at 9-6-1, no one else but us was even over 7-9 that didn't make the playoffs)

I think we're a shoe-in for the playoffs. Right now, we're fighting for that first round bye and next week's game is the biggest game of the year as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah we started 9-4 that year and looked good, we just got done beating the ravens by double digiits in thier house and had teams of 5-8 vikings 1-13 bengals, and the 4-10 panthers and lost all of them. Falcons did everything they could to not making the playoffs by failing to beat the browns in week 17 but we lost 10-6.

I really doubt this team, with our coach and QB, will allow that to happen again.

Yeah we started 9-4 that year and looked good, we just got done beating the ravens by double digiits in thier house and had teams of 5-8 vikings 1-13 bengals, and the 4-10 panthers and lost all of them. Falcons did everything they could to not making the playoffs by failing to beat the browns in week 17 but we lost 10-6.

The ironic part was that all year our defense was horrible and was giving up well over 20 points a game but our offense was lighting up the scoreboard and that's how we were winning. Then in the season finale against the Panthers our defense finally steps up and holds a team to 10 points but our high powered offense could only score 6 points.

I was just talking about that year Sunday, but I didn't recall them being 8-4 at any point. I'm believe that they were, I just didn't remember it. I really think we have the talent to beat Washington, NY, and Carolina, BUT funny things can happen against NY IN NY, and I haven't seen enough of Dallas to say wether or not I think we can beat them as well. They rolled us in preseason, but I generally don't apply anything in preseason to the real season since I firmly believ teams are trying out players, schemes, plays, and other things they wouldn't do during the regular season. Plus, we had a LOT of new players that had never played together, and I ultimately wasn't too impressed with Dallas then, but who knows now.

We will see on Sunday night! GEAUX SAINTS!

We dont want to hear this negative talk. A lot of you like to go back in your stat book and find the negatives. Lets enjoy the winning people!!!

it'd be great if people remembered these things as they actually occured, or at least took time out to research them:

2000 - went 10-6, won THE playoff game, got destroyed by minnesota.
2001 - went 7-5, then then lost final four games badly to finish 7-9.
2002 - defeated baltimore 37-25, which was supposed to be the game that sent us steamrolling into the playoffs. wound up losing final three to terrible teams and finished 9-7.
2003 - year of the inconsistent Saints, alternating wins and losses for 10 straight weeks. finished 8-8.
2004 - the season where haslett was gonna get fired, but with a 4-8 record the team won out the season to break even.
2005 - I don't need to recall this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom