80s movies so bad they are hysterically great (1 Viewer)

If you’re over 35, at some point between 1995 and 2010 you lost a chunk of a Saturday afternoon, probably in the fall, when Iowa State vs Purdue just couldn’t hold your attention, catching this Patrick Swazye classic rebroadcast on TBS, originally released in 1989

1586249411274.jpeg

If you’re over 35, at some point between 1995 and 2010 you lost a chunk of a Saturday afternoon, probably in the fall, when Iowa State vs Purdue just couldn’t hold your attention, catching this Patrick Swazye classic rebroadcast on TBS, originally released in 1989

1586249411274.jpeg
Man that’s a classic. No way it should be on this list.

I love me some Robin Williams (RIP); however, his 1980 hit Popeye comes to mind. :covri:

Gremlins 2. Warner Bros. kept harassing Joe Dante about making a sequel to the first one and he kept declining because he didn't think there was any point in doing one. Finally years later he gives in and says he'll do it only if he gets full creative control, which they shockingly give him. He then goes on to intentionally and purposefully make the movie as cartoonishly slapstick and over the top as possible because he still felt there was no way to make an actual sequel to the original. So he in a sense got Warner Bros to give him 3x the budget of the original to make what amounted to a parody/live action Looney Tunes movie.

Also, it had Hulk Hogan breaking the fourth wall and threatening to beat up Gremlins.

Ok. I'm gonna give you guys some gems no one has mentioned yet. But first....

The Never-ending Story is a masterpiece of film making and should not be on this list. Unless of course you think talking giant dogs are silly, and then well fudge off!! :p

Rad (1986)
-Do you love BMX racing? Do you love Full House and cheesy 80's music? Do you remember Kix cereal? Then this movie is for you!! See a young racer go for his dream of becoming a world famous BMX racer. And also get to see a young Lori Loughlin before her Aunt Becky days and before she goes to prison!! Action, BMX racing, and romance will leave you feeling....well....Rad!

The Dark Crystal (1982)
-This movie might not belong on this list as it is actually pretty darn good! But it is pretty crazy and whacky and kind of bad at the same time. Just reminds me of my childhood and it used to scare the crap out of me.

Miami Connection (1987)
-Drugs. Karate. Ninjas. Rock Music (allegedly). Miami (Although actually Orlando).
Interested yet? You bet you are!! Sit back and enjoy the amazing musical stylings of Dragon Sound. A rock and roll secret drug dealing killing ninja band. Excited yet? I know you are. Watch as some of the best acting and special effects come to life on screen. Come for the action, stay for the romance. or music. or the laughs. mostly laughs.

Masters of the Universe (1987)
-Did you love your He-man toys growing up? Did you think He-man was the coolest baddest guy on the planet? Well just wait till you see this terrible excuse of a movie completely botch the He-man story. The whole thing is just bad. You'd probably have more fun just playing with old He-man toys. By the Power of Grayskull!!!!

Maximum Overdrive (1986)
-Stephen King's directorial debut. If you want to see people die largely avoidable deaths in hilarious ways then this is your flick! Watch trucks, cars, vending machines, and other random things come alive to kill people for....reasons. Super fun though. See a young Emilio Estevez before his master stroke of acting in 1993's Loaded Weapon 1 (go check that out if you haven't seen it).
*Side note: I do think this concept could be redone today with all the 'smart' technology in cars, homes, phones, etc. If done right it could be terrifying. Would like to see this move remade.

1586249411274.jpeg
I can't take any movie seriously where the bad guy's name is Brad Wesley.

They live.
And they do. ?
there isn't a better fight scene in cinema history..
I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick arse, and I'm all out of bubble gum..
That movie was allsome.. still one of my all time favorites.. if I see it on TV, you can bet I'm stopping to watch it..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom