88th pick...... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So taking a look at the 88th pick.....the back end of round 3.

Despite getting later in the draft, I have full confidence in the brain trust.,

Takes a look at who we’ve gotten after the 88th pick the past 4 drafts.

CGJ -105
Tre - 91 (He hasn’t been great, but injuries have gotten him lately).
TRex - 103
Oney- 120

Three very solid players, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we grab another this year.

Hopefully we can finally draft a LB who is good and can stay healthy. Anzalone is good but injury prone and Elliss was showing potential before going on IR. Other than those two Payton and Ireland haven’t had much luck drafting LB’s.

So taking a look at the 88th pick.....the back end of round 3.

Despite getting later in the draft, I have full confidence in the brain trust.,

Takes a look at who we’ve gotten after the 88th pick the past 4 drafts.
CGJ -105
Tre - 91 (He hasn’t been great, but injuries have gotten him lately).
TRex - 103
Oney- 120

Three very solid players, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we grab another this year.
Good post. Although it’s two solid players imo.
CGJ and Onyemata.
TQS and TRex are maybe average imo.

Hopefully we can finally draft a LB who is good and can stay healthy. Anzalone is good but injury prone and Elliss was showing potential before going on IR. Other than those two Payton and Ireland haven’t had much luck drafting LB’s.

Actually, with very few exceptions other than Swilling and Jackson, this is the history of the position with the Saints. All our best guys have come through FA or supplemental draft (USFL). It's really kind of crazy

Actually, with very few exceptions other than Swilling and Jackson, this is the history of the position with the Saints. All our best guys have come through FA or supplemental draft (USFL). It's really kind of crazy

Yep. We cannot draft good linebackers.

I just since Ricky and Pat, the best LB we’ve drafted was Mark Fields in 1995. Sadly we picked Fields at #13 and the Buc’s picked Derrick Brooks at #28 ?‍♂️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom