8th in the NFC (1 Viewer)

WallyBB

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Right now the Saints are sitting in the 8th spot in the NFC. .5 game out of the 6th, 1 game out of the 5th, and only 1.5 from the Division.

We actually hold the tie break over Philly and Green Bay.

At the half way point, it is not just hopeful thinking, we are legit in the playoff hunt, and frankly a bye is not an outrageous goal. The NFC North and West both look like they might be won with 10 wins, we can take the south with 10.

If we win our next two and take a 6-4 record with a long week break heading into the stretch, I like our chances to be viable contenders for everything.

the next two games decide it

it will take everything we have to win them both, a split is not the worst thing in the world

last time we played carolina on the road on a thursday, it was one of Brees' best games as a Saint away from the dome

Just give us one game against the Broncos at home like the 2009 game at home against the Patriots.

th

the only losses that won't have as much effect would be Denver, hate to lose on at home but it would be against an AFC opponent, or Arizona, the rest are either division games or teams in the hunt for the wild card spots.

that second carolina game is crucial, it effectively ends their season if they lose to us

if you told me we lost to denver and beat carolina, I would take it

really we only have one more loss than ATL

Take it a step further....

Losses in the NFC South: Atlanta (1); New Orleans (1)

Losses in the Conference: Atlanta (2); New Orleans (2)

We're right there, despite an 0-3 start.

Who Dat! (...stole the .gif below from Saints4life)! :ezbill:

28ups0w.gif

:gosaints:

And Ingram ran the rock down their throats in that 2014 Thursday night contest.

might have a replay next Thursday. I am glad we are running the ball and running the ball for positive yardage and during critical situations. Seems like we stick with the run game and we win.

NFC Playoff Picture

Or maybe even better:

NFC Winning Magic Numbers

We still control our own destiny, even for the division. But there's no margin for error.

we have to win out at home. no margin for error there. That two game home stand will be crucial. We also need to go 3-1 on the road. But I would love to go on a win streak all the way to the playoffs. But one game at a time. Denver is next and they are not looking that great against the Raiders. We have to play our best game and our run game and @cantguardmike needs to impose their will.

It's going to be a long hard road. December will be critical for getting into the post season. After Denver we only play NFC teams. We play Three Divisional games in four weeks in Dec including at Atlanta and at Tampa. In fact three of our remaining four divisional games are all on the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom