9/11 Remembrance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since that horrible day, NFL's opening weekend and especially with games played on 9/11, it has been a big time of remembrance during games. I have to wonder though, with everything that's going on right now, will it even get mentioned at all? Maybe that's just the cynic in me talking, but I'll be very disappointed if the "never forget" becomes the "how easily we forget." It actually makes me a bit melancholy just thinking about it leading up to the game tonight.

I bet if there was an NFL game on 9/11 it would be mentioned. Still could during the anthem tonight. But I have doubts the anthem is shown.

Since that horrible day, NFL's opening weekend and especially with games played on 9/11, it has been a big time of remembrance during games. I have to wonder though, with everything that's going on right now, will it even get mentioned at all? Maybe that's just the cynic in me talking, but I'll be very disappointed if the "never forget" becomes the "how easily we forget." It actually makes me a bit melancholy just thinking about it leading up to the game tonight.
Ill never forget where I was. I was in the field in Korea close to the DMZ when news broke. No one thought it was real and was just a training exercise. It was normal in training to come up with scenarios. Only Next day when we saw Stars and Stripes news paper did it finally hit what happened was real.

The topic of discussion raised by the OP was a question about 9/11 remembrance in light of the date. It devolved into a political argument among several posters. Those (and all related posts) have been deleted because politics are not allowed on the SSF board.

If you can't stick to the topic and avoid politics, it ruins the discussion. Therefore, this thread will be closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom