9-17-09 Injury report (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one punt returned in this entire game. Both teams know how important returns are and I think both will either kick the ball high so the coverage team can surround the returner or kick it out of bounds.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one punt returned in this entire game. Both teams know how important returns are and I think both will either kick the ball high so the coverage team can surround the returner or kick it out of bounds.

The Saints will probably try that tactic, but I think Philly will test Reggie since he fumbled twice on punt returns against the Lions.

I agree. But by all accounts, he's itching to get on the field. I am 100% positive the coaches and FO will be smart about this. We will definately need him more at the end of the season. But PT is ultra competitive and sees the success MB is having, so you cant blame him for wanting to get out there.

Ofcourse he is. He is worried about losing his job. But thats life. PT wants to do whats best for PT. I hope the Saints do whats best for the Saints.

I think Morstead had great hang time vs Det. That one big punt return was the fault of the ST. They had him surrounded when he caught the punt and they were fooled into thinking he would fair catch it.

Ofcourse he is. He is worried about losing his job. But thats life. PT wants to do whats best for PT. I hope the Saints do whats best for the Saints.

Exactly. PT has had to fight and claw for the carries that he got. Now he has to worry about Bell taking carries away from him after hanging almost 150 yards on Detroit in week 1. Any player in his position trying to get a new contract would be itching to get on the field.

(Source: nola.com)
"Also, Coach Sean Payton disclosed that tight end Darnell Dinkins has suffered a fractured left foot and the timetable for his return is unknown. He has been sidelined for nearly five weeks.

Other injuries of note: S Usama Young (shoulder), LT Jermon Bushrod (ankle), CB Tracy Porter (knee), SS Roman Harper (hamstring) and DT Kendrick Clancy (knee) all practiced on a fulltime basis."

Updated.

st. dave

So this is a brand new injury on top of the five weeks? Could be IR time for him.

All i care is that Porter is ready to go. He's probably the only one who can keep up with Jackson.

Greer ran a 4.5 out of college, not exactly world class speed, but he seems to play smart.

There is a big difference in a fast 40 time and being fast. A 40 time is about explosion, sometimes that transitions into fast sometimes it does not (with Jackson it does). U. Bolt the fastest man in the world would not have a great 40 time because he has little explosion but has the best top end speed in the world. Greer ran a 13.32 over hurdles, being a former college track athlete, I can tell you that is FAST.

Wow really? Greer was a "track-guy-turned-football player" at Tennessee... I wonder what event he participated in then. Maybe he was a 200m dude. :shrug:

He did better at his pro day...

I ran against him at the SEC championships on the 4X100, he also ran the hurdles. He is a good athlete and Can run with most WR's in the league.

(Source: nola.com)
"Also, Coach Sean Payton disclosed that tight end Darnell Dinkins has suffered a fractured left foot and the timetable for his return is unknown. He has been sidelined for nearly five weeks.

Other injuries of note: S Usama Young (shoulder), LT Jermon Bushrod (ankle), CB Tracy Porter (knee), SS Roman Harper (hamstring) and DT Kendrick Clancy (knee) all practiced on a fulltime basis."

Updated.

st. dave

Why are we keeping Dinkins around? It is a waste of a roster spot! We could use that spot on a (L)Tackle. And poor Ortega, they kept an injured guy over you, WOW.

Quick question for anyone that knows:

Since Greer missed practice today b/c of the birth of his child, he should still be able to play Sunday right?
I think so or it will be one of the longest labors in history.

Last edited:
Why are we keeping Dinkins around? It is a waste of a roster spot! We could use that spot on a (L)Tackle. And poor Ortega, they kept an injured guy over you, WOW.
I hear your point, but he is only taking up a spot on the inactives for each week. I assume the injury must be taking longer to heal than expected. The 2nd LT injury ( 1st being Brown) is a new delimia that just presented itself this past Sunday. Apparently staff feels Dinkins is worth keeping now that Miller is on IR. I wouldn't be surprised if Ortega is resigned, we do that alot.

Last edited:
What is the deal with Grants hammy? Duncan reported he tweaked it in the Lions game and was not very effective after that.

retthib;2237154[URL="http://twitter.com/jeffduncantp" said:
jeffduncantp[/URL]Saints fans, ESPN's Ed Werder will have feature on Sunday's pregame show about Drew Brees' pre-game break-down chant "This is New Orleans."

The "This is New Orleans" chant is soooo '08

I agree. But by all accounts, he's itching to get on the field. I am 100% positive the coaches and FO will be smart about this. We will definately need him more at the end of the season. But PT is ultra competitive and sees the success MB is having, so you cant blame him for wanting to get out there.

I heard the same thing but isn't he playing with a large heavy brace right now? He can't be as effective with that thing on. Hope they just sit him until he is 100% and then he can come in and blow up. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom