9-17-09 Injury report (5 Viewers)

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Injury report: D.Dinkins (fractured foot), out; T.Porter (knee), full; U.Young (shoulder) full; J.Shockey (ankle) & P.Thomas (knee) limited

From @jeffduncantp

No mention of Bushrod. Hope thats not a typo. And its great to see TP a full go. So much for the 50/50 comment yesterday. Fingers crossed.

I am also hoping PT was limited by the coaches and not due to a setback from yesterdays practice.

We should here more later.

I'm glad to see Bushrod is not on that list. I'm also excited about Porter for obvious reasons and Young will be greatly needed on ST's.

white.png
jeffduncantp Jabari Greer missed practice to be with his wife who is giving birth to their child.

jeffduncantpSaints fans, ESPN's Ed Werder will have feature on Sunday's pregame show about Drew Brees' pre-game break-down chant "This is New Orleans."

Quick question for anyone that knows:

Since Greer missed practice today b/c of the birth of his child, he should still be able to play Sunday right?

No mention of Bushrod. Hope thats not a typo. And its great to see TP a full go. So much for the 50/50 comment yesterday. Fingers crossed.

I am also hoping PT was limited by the coaches and not due to a setback from yesterdays practice.

We should here more later.

I hope they leave PT on the sidelines until he gets 100% healthy. If Bell keeps playing the way he has been, there is no need to rush PT back onto the field.

I hope they leave PT on the sidelines until he gets 100% healthy. If Bell keeps playing the way he has been, there is no need to rush PT back onto the field.

Me too. I hate when players are rushed back and not given the full time needed to recover. Have him active but not give him touches unless they need him.

Congrats to Jabari!

I agree. But by all accounts, he's itching to get on the field. I am 100% positive the coaches and FO will be smart about this. We will definately need him more at the end of the season. But PT is ultra competitive and sees the success MB is having, so you cant blame him for wanting to get out there.

What does coach do with Dinkins? Fractured foot sounds like a few weeks at least. I guess we'll see. I for one think Bell took too much punishment last week and may need some help if we want him to avoid injury. If PT can't make sharp cuts we may need to sit him but IMO we need to avoid giving him 28 carries again.

(Source: nola.com)
"Also, Coach Sean Payton disclosed that tight end Darnell Dinkins has suffered a fractured left foot and the timetable for his return is unknown. He has been sidelined for nearly five weeks.

Other injuries of note: S Usama Young (shoulder), LT Jermon Bushrod (ankle), CB Tracy Porter (knee), SS Roman Harper (hamstring) and DT Kendrick Clancy (knee) all practiced on a fulltime basis."

Updated.

st. dave

All i care is that Porter is ready to go. He's probably the only one who can keep up with Jackson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom