9-7 could win our division @Falcons week 17 (1 Viewer)

NFL Playoff Predictor

Saints and Falcons could both finish 9-7 and the Saints win the division by beating them in Atlanta January 1st.

It's not as far fetched as I first thought. In the scenario I linked we could go 9-7 even after losing the next 2 weeks @ Arrowhead and at home to the Seahawks.

We have to get healthy. Not having Armstead and Peat won't allow this to happen.
Of course we need Breaux and Rankins back. An Ellerbe sighting would be amazing too. Sterling Moore has been great, I hope the MRI results are ok. Crawley and Harris have to continue to improve as well.

I like what I'm seeing. If we get healthy the last half of the season we could be great on both sides of the ball.

Saints vs. Patriots Super Bowl!!!! :ezbill:

Falcons are 4-2 (.666) and go 5-4 (.555) the rest of the way for this to happen.

We are 2-3 (.400) and need to go 6-4 (.600) the rest of the way.

Situation remains if we both finish 10-6 or 8-8.

Even in a 3 way tie for the NFC South with the Falcons and Bucs we can win the division @ Atlanta. Just need to sweep the Bucs and Panthers.

With the Falcons 6-3 and us 3-4 (hopefully 4-4 after 49ers) I think 10-6 is now the mark.

Saints need to go at least 6-2 leading up to the Falcons game in Atlanta January 1st.

@ 49ers
Broncos
@ Panthers
Rams
Lions
@ Bucs
@ Cardinals
Bucs

Not impossible.

Falcons need to lose at least 2.
@ Eagles
Cardinals
Chiefs
@ Rams
49ers
@ Panthers

Likely.

Eagles and Chiefs are losses for Atlanta. Arizona seems like a toss up for both. If the Saints can win against San Francisco and Dever, I'll be more confident.

Eagles and Chiefs are losses for Atlanta. Arizona seems like a toss up for both. If the Saints can win against San Francisco and Dever, I'll be more confident.

I'm all for wishing the result we want -- but if we're being honest, we all said "Denver and Green Bay are losses for Atlanta" They weren't. Not to be contradictory, it's just fact.

The Eagles are very beatable. The Chiefs don't have a dynamic offense to match point for point with Atlanta. Not saying these teams defenses can't neutralize what the Falcons do -- but to ink those in as losses might cause some mighty disappointment when it's all said and done.

I'm all for wishing the result we want -- but if we're being honest, we all said "Denver and Green Bay are losses for Atlanta" They weren't. Not to be contradictory, it's just fact.

The Eagles are very beatable. The Chiefs don't have a dynamic offense to match point for point with Atlanta. Not saying these teams defenses can't neutralize what the Falcons do -- but to ink those in as losses might cause some mighty disappointment when it's all said and done.

Correct.
More likely is probably a better term.

We control our own destiny.

Lets keep this statement true after every game. This is the game outside of the game.

Win and we're in, baby!! That's the challenge every week.

Our best possible record is 12 - 4. If this happens, the Phallic-cans best possible record is also 12 - 4. We split the head-to-head matchups, so we tie the first tiebreaker. We then win the division based on the better division record: Saints: 5- 1; Flail-cans: 4 - 2.

Take it one week at a time. And I think it is more than safe to say that the Saints are only gonna get better. A LOT better.

I agree with Tom. I only see us getting better as we get more healthy as the season progresses!Something just feels right this season. Who dat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Match the Falcons, win for win, beat them in the head to head, and we'll see where the tiebreakers end up.

I know the "6" they have put up in the win column really makes the "3" that the Saints currently have look small, but its the "3" and the "4" that actually matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom