9-7 gets in calm down guys (1 Viewer)

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok looking at the schedules of those teams other than the Bears fighting for the Divisions and Wildcards:

Car- I can't talk bad about a team that won their last two games but is the O still playing They looked bad against TB and only put up 10 on a Jim Haslett D. They play @ Wash and @ Phili after that and if the O doesn't show up in a big way one of those two teams will beat them on emotion alone.

Atl- They have been horrible in the last few weeks and we need to take care of business this weekend to put one more last nail in the coffin which will be shut by week 15 if there WR don't start catching the ball.

Sea- I know they are getting back their guys but they looked bad against the 49ers. I totally expect them to win the division but they need Matt back quick before SF catches them.

SF- Although they are playing very well I just think they are to young and need a few more pieces to be a playoff team but they can definitely spoil your day if you do not watch them. If they get in they will have to win the division IMO

NYG-What is Eli doing. Is it just me or does it just looks like he is not as good as his brother at this point in his career? The D is not as good as they were with the recent injuries and they need a #2 Wr bad but then again Tiki is so good.

Dal- Say what you want but both of my feet are still off the Dal wagon. I think they got a big win and will look past TB Thurs look for a big upset. I do see them winning the East over th e NYG and Eagles but I still think they are a beatable team because they are getting way to cocky about one win.

NO I really don't know what to say other than the teams still on this schedule with the exception of Dal are not as good as ESPN thinks they are. It is going to take some work but here we go:

@Atl- they are just not playing well and all it will take is for us to get up by 7 in Atl. and their fans will turn Vick quick.

SF- another rough rough game but against a beatable team that will need this win but not as bad as we will if we want to win the division

@Dal- This is the only game think will be real herd to win because of how hot they are and the game is in Dal.

Wash- Another must win against a team that simply is not as good as they Saints

@NYG- They are 3-2 at home so don't say they can't be beat at home and I think we surprise everyone with a big win

Car-At home but I think this game we will find out will not matter because we will be playing them in the first week of the playoffs in NO

SAINTS10-6

IMO - this game in atl. is the Key - we beat our big rivals in their house, sweeping Vick twice in 1 season (after never beating him before) if we win we know the past few games are not "for real" and we are not the "SOS" -

now we are back in a race and not a game ahead of the pack , im hoping the defense plays with fire again, thats one thing thats been missing on the deline in terms of tackles for loss and sacks.

Payton needs to let deuce carry the load - you have to think the players all see that Deuce running well is the key - time of possesion, first downs and TDs

If we can't beat Atlanta this weekend we probably won't win 9 games.

Not only is the ATL game crucial, but I really think the CAR game will determine the Div and possibly who gets the bye. I'm not an expert (which I am sure is obvious) but I see Chicago and NO getting the bye because the East is just to bunched up right now. The West (Seattle) is our biggest obstacle for the bye at this time with Mr Alabama and Hasselhoff :) coming back.

Will this be Deuce's time to shine? BETTER BE!

Last edited:
If we can't "get a handle" on the ball both fumbeling and ints. we don't need to worry about wild card or anything esle.
Like I said in a thread Sunday, Payton has hels up his end of the deal by putting together a coaching staff that can win, putting enough talented players on the field to win. The turn over ratio is out of his hands, you can drill on the mechanics of holding on to the ball but it comes down to the indivual player to perform. QB included

I just wan to win the Atl game Wash SF NYG and Car is that to much to ask I am just so sick of ESPN sayin that NYG Car and Atl. are so good because the have a few good wins. None of them are hands down better than us right now. As muchas I hate Dal they are the only team playing well SF beat Wallace, Car beat St. Louis, and NYG lost again to a good team and have lots of injuries.

Not really. I do think 9-7 will get the last playoff spot but it will also come down to a tie breaker among about 4 9-7 teams. Many of those teams are left on the saints schedule and they have to beat them to get the tie breaker.

I can tell you that SF will not be a cake walk, they are rushing for 200 yards a game and our dbs do not tackle

I can tell you that SF will not be a cake walk, they are rushing for 200 yards a game and our dbs do not tackle

San Fransico gives up 41 points in a single half of football one minute, has only 133 yards of total offense (but still wins 9-3) the next, and then turns around and runs for 200 yards the third.

I haven't seen any San Fran games this year so i'm not real sure what's going on, but i'm also not sure they even have an idea what is going on.

They are young and remember that Wallace played last week not Matt. They are not Arizona but at the same time they are a beatable team.

Not really. I do think 9-7 will get the last playoff spot but it will also come down to a tie breaker among about 4 9-7 teams. Many of those teams are left on the saints schedule and they have to beat them to get the tie breaker.

Go look at the schedules of all the teams that are 6-4 or 5-5 and tell me you can't see at least 2 games they all could lose. The teams all play each other so much is crazy.
Of the teams left in the race look at this

NO 5 of 6 games against playoffs vyable teams
Car 4 of 6
Dal 4 of 6
NYG 4 of 6
Sea 1 of 6 but still have to play @ Den and SD
49ers 2 of 6 but still have to play @ Denver
Atl 4 of 6
Phili 4 of 6 and still have @ Indy to play

Go look at the schedules of all the teams that are 6-4 or 5-5 and tell me you can't see at least 2 games they all could lose. The teams all play each other so much is crazy.
Of the teams left in the race look at this

NO 5 of 6 games against playoffs vyable teams
Car 4 of 6
Dal 4 of 6
NYG 4 of 6
Sea 1 of 6 but still have to play @ Den and SD
49ers 2 of 6 but still have to play @ Denver
Atl 4 of 6
Phili 4 of 6 and still have @ Indy to play

Looking at it that way, I kinda hafta believe that SF and Sea will both make it and the G-men and Eagles are gonna miss because of their injuries, losing Donovan for the year is gonna hurt the Eagles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom