9-7 playoff spot (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The final NFC spot looks like it will be 9-7. Right now teams in contention are Saints, Atl, CAR, Dal, Phil, NYG. This would mean the saints need only 3 more wins, BUT if they do not beat ATL, CAr, and Dallas they would risk losing a tie breaker for a 9-7 spot.

With that said the saints really need to get to 10 wins or beat Atl, Car, and Dallas to get in the playoffs.

Saints should beat SF and WASH for 2 wins but this is the NFL so nothing is guaranteed. If it works this way then they need 2 wins from Cin,Atl, Car, Dal, NYG. Those are all tough games that could go either way.

All we have to do is play .500 ball to get to 10-6.

Well we are 0-1 in that fight so far. We win at home next week, beat washington and SF, and then beat one more team and we'll be fine. I think we beat Carolina at home. So that would put us 4-4 over the last 8 games. Easily enough to win this division.

I think this could be one of thsoe years where a 9-7 team wins the NFC south. Atlanta sucks. Carolina isn't good this year. We stay above water and we'll make it.

The final NFC spot looks like it will be 9-7. Right now teams in contention are Saints, Atl, CAR, Dal, Phil, NYG. This would mean the saints need only 3 more wins, BUT if they do not beat ATL, CAr, and Dallas they would risk losing a tie breaker for a 9-7 spot.

With that said the saints really need to get to 10 wins or beat Atl, Car, and Dallas to get in the playoffs.

Saints should beat SF and WASH for 2 wins but this is the NFL so nothing is guaranteed. If it works this way then they need 2 wins from Cin,Atl, Car, Dal, NYG. Those are all tough games that could go either way.

The Saints should win every Home game left on the schedule. They are the better team in each game and they have HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. Of the away games, the only game we don't match up well is the Giants and they are hurting big time. Unfortunately, they have plenty time to heal before we play them.

To me 11-5 would seem to be the number right now!

I think we win all 4 home games and the ATL. game......lose to the Cowboys and Giants.

Of course, assuming no major injuries!

One of the most important games we need to win is Dallas. Not because I think it will put us in the playoffs, but because it's Dallas.

The schedule looks hard but no other NFC team, to me at least has shown that they are vastly superior to the Saints, they all have their weaknesses and we can beat all of them as long as we don't turn the ball over.

We will beat cinci, washington, san fran, and atlanta. Finish 10-6

Your giving Carlina to much love. We will beat them.

Only reason we might not is because we will of already won the NFC South and be resting players.

Why is everyone assuming we'll lose to the cowboys? Have some faith they're not that good.

ChiTownSaint, I agree. For some reason, I am still optimistic after this loss. I think we take care of business the next 2 weeks and go 11-5 for the year.

ChiTownSaint, I agree. For some reason, I am still optimistic after this loss. I think we take care of business the next 2 weeks and go 11-5 for the year.

Your optomistic because you realize we are a team that bounces back strong. We've already done it twice this year. I think coach will get the fumbling fixed this week.

If we fix that we'll beat anyone. Would be nice to have a run D to but if we win the TO battle we still win.

The New Orleans Saints HAVE to get the bye so 10-6 isn't going to cut it. We can lose maybe 2 games the rest of the way and only to AFC teams. This team should be in the NFC Championship game and the only way to make that happen is to get that bye, host the second round of the playoffs against Seattle and then see waht happens. It's possible we could even host the NFC Championship game if Chicago were to get upset in the second round.
I was very impressed with the Saints yesterday especially since some guy I've barely heard of lost the game for us with his drop and later fumble. If Joe Horn plays that game we win easily.

Your giving Carlina to much love. We will beat them.

Only reason we might not is because we will of already won the NFC South and be resting players.

Won't be doing that (resting players) if we're playing for a bye or a home playoff game.

Your optomistic because you realize we are a team that bounces back strong. We've already done it twice this year. I think coach will get the fumbling fixed this week.

If we fix that we'll beat anyone. Would be nice to have a run D to but if we win the TO battle we still win.
I agree. Having a discipline-minded coach will definitely lead to an improvement in the fumble-itis. TO and Jones are the real threats on the Dallas team. I think McKenzie can handle TO. He and Glenn will probably make some plays, but they shouldn't be death blows.

Jones must be stopped. If he is stopped and we eliminate turnovers, we should win this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom