911 operator found guilty (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
The case stems from a Feb. 20, 2006, call from Robert Turner, then 5, to 911 after his mother fell unconscious in her Detroit home. It was later determined that his mother, Sherrill Turner, died of complications of an enlarged heart.

Robert’s father, Robert Yelder, 57, said his son has not recovered from the incident.

“I feel that justice has been done,” Yelder said today. “The family is very happy. My son has been going through a lot. We thank the jury for doing a wonderful job.”

Nichols, 45, testified Thursday that she could not hear Robert on the other end of the line.

The boy called 911 at 5:59 p.m. and reached Nichols telling her, "My mom has passed out."

On the 911 audiotape, Nichols is heard saying, "I'm gonna send the police to your house and find out what's going on with you."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080118/NEWS01/80118030/1054/SPORTS06

Well there you go.
Me thinks this will create a double edged sword. Because of this case every 911 operator will send a response. Some kid will be playing on the phone and the cops will show up at his door and fine the parents. The parents will then file a lawsuit because their kid got scared and couldn't due his homework; therefore, causing him/her to get a bad grade.
That bad grade will keep them out of a good college.
By not going to a good college, the kid will not get a good job when he/she graduates.
Because that person could not get a good job, he/she can't prepare for their retirement.
Because of that, the jury must award the kids parents 1 million dollars so the kid can have some type of retirement plan.

Maybe the public should foot the bill and hire only certified nurses instead.

the article said she could get a year in jail, but i don't think she should serve any time.....she will have to live with it for the rest of her life and it certainly was not a malicious act.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom