9th Anniversary Of Super Bowl XLIV (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On this day, nine years ago, the Saints won Super Bowl XLIV.

Good memories... Now let's take this latest personal affront, shove it their faces and do it again

Meanwhile back in the ATL...

I heard their mayor literally screaming into the microphone for an interview (there was no noise to scream over, she was attempting to show how excited she was) that Atlanta is the first city to house a major bowl game, Super Bowl and then a Final Four. Hasn't New Orleans done this? I'm almost certain we would have had to happen just from the sheer volume of us having those events.

I saw XLIV so many times on Sunday when I ended up at Rock N Bowl that I can probably skip my annual off-season viewing of it this year.

And this year's super bowl will mark the 10th anniversary and it will be back in Miami, potentially Drew's last season.
Let's send him out with ring number 2!

Whenever I think about the SB, I always think about our letter to Miami (and the messages from the players to us right before the media blackout)

Dear Miami: Get ready for the Who Dat Nation coming for the Super Bowl

By Mark Lorando
mlorando@nola.com,
NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Dear Miami,
The Saints are coming. And so are we, their loyal, long-suffering and slightly discombobulated Super Bowl-bound fans. While there's still time to prepare, we thought we'd give you a heads-up about what you should expect.

First things first: You need more beer.

Yeah, we know. You ordered extra. You think you have more than any group of humans could possibly consume in one week. Trust us. You don't....

We know that crowd control is a major concern for any Super Bowl host city. Our advice? Put away the riot gear.

Reason No. 1: Indianapolis is going to lose, and their fans are way too dull to start a riot.

Reason No. 2: New Orleans showed the world on Sunday that we know how to throw a victory party. We don't burn cars. We dance on them.

Reason No. 3: Even if we did lose, which we won't, leaving the stadium would be like leaving a funeral, and our typical response to that is to have a parade...

Inside Sun Life Stadium, you may find your ears ringing more than usual. We're louder than other fans. Seven thousand of ours sound like 70,000 of theirs.

Don't believe us? Ask the 12th man in the Vikings huddle...

Don't be surprised if there are more Saints fans outside the stadium than inside. A lot of us are coming just to say we were part of history, even if we can't witness it up close. The Saints are family to us, and you know how it is with family: We want to be there for them, whether they really need us or not. Because we know our presence will mean something to them, whether they can see us or not.

Come to think of it, seeing as how you're taking us in for the week, we pretty much regard you as family, too. So we're warning you now: If you're within hugging distance, you're fair game...

OK. Let's review:

Order more beer. Throw me something, mister. Suck da heads. Wear da dress. Stand up. Get crunk. Hug it out. Protect your eardrums. Pass the Kleenex. Hoist the trophy.

See you at the victory party.

Faithfully yours ...

The Who Dat Nation

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/02/dear_miami.html (full letter)

OMG!!! What a GREAT vid!!! I remember being at a SB party, jumping up & down & screaming my lungs out! One of the greatest & most fun games I have ever seen.
Can’t wait ‘till we do it all again.

I did not realize that Peyton Manning got pushed out of the way & fell to the ground!!! LOL Bet he loved that LOL

I didn't get to touch the Lombardi during that tour in the spring of '10. But, I posed in front of it for an autograph session Payton sat for at Aucoin Hart jewelers on Metairie Road in 2013. It was displayed behind a (likely) thick plexiglas enclosure. Made a nice photo backdrop, at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom