9th Anniversary Of Super Bowl XLIV (1 Viewer)

Darn it. We really need to have another one. I felt that first one was just a great dream. I didn't know how to react to the first one. I am still in awe that we won a Super Bowl. I need us to win another one to validate my thoughts.

I heard their mayor literally screaming into the microphone for an interview (there was no noise to scream over, she was attempting to show how excited she was) that Atlanta is the first city to house a major bowl game, Super Bowl and then a Final Four. Hasn't New Orleans done this? I'm almost certain we would have had to happen just from the sheer volume of us having those events.

I'm thinking she's saying they were the first to do it in consecutive years (or maybe the first to do so in the first 3 years of a stadium opening): CFP Championship (2018), Super Bowl (2019), Final Four (2020).

However, I think we were the first to hold all 3 in just over a calendar year: 2012 BCS National Championship (January 2012), Final Four (April 2012), Super Bowl (February 2013).

In case anyone has lost their personal copy of The Day It Happened, NFL Network is broadcasting Super Bowl XLIV this afternoon (2/9) at 2:30 New Orleans time.
Thank you
I lost it when I switched televisions.

I actually watched the game twice yesterday. Never gets old. Lol.

Something I noticed, Reggie Bush had a nice game. He didn't score. But he kept several drives alive catching out of the backfield. And I miss PT. His ability to make defenders miss and shake off would be tacklers was amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom