A.B. (2 Viewers)

Maybe I'm a total sicko with no moral compass but the idea of AB in this offense still fascinates me. As bad as he is off the field he's that good on the field. That's why teams have been willing to put up with all that comes with him. On the field he's about as unstoppable a WR as I've seen. The idea of him and MT playing together is interesting.

How about we bring in AB and Josh Gordon just for the lulz.

I do understand the thinking, strictly from a football standpoint. AB is really that good of a player. That's why Payton brought him in for a visit after the Steelers, Patriots, and Raiders let him go, all because the guy is an absolute headcase.

All Brown had to do was come here and act like a "normal" person and at least try to leave a good impression. Show that you can follow basic rules that are given to you. Don't make a music video about your visit. Instead, he showed why anyone with half a brain would stay away from this guy at all costs. Judging by his recent history, I'd give a Brown signing a 98.5% chance of failure. Having him in the locker room would cause so much disturbance. I really don't see how it could every work out, and I don't care how talented he is.

I do understand the thinking, strictly from a football standpoint. AB is really that good of a player. That's why Payton brought him in for a visit after the Steelers, Patriots, and Raiders let him go, all because the guy is an absolute headcase.

All Brown had to do was come here and act like a "normal" person and at least try to leave a good impression. Show that you can follow basic rules that are given to you. Don't make a music video about your visit. Instead, he showed why anyone with half a brain would stay away from this guy at all costs. Judging by his recent history, I'd give a Brown signing a 98.5% chance of failure. Having him in the locker room would cause so much disturbance. I really don't see how it could every work out, and I don't care how talented he is.

I'm not saying I want the Saints to sign him but still. Looking at it from an on field standpoint MT and AB would probably be the most formidable WR tandem since Bruce & Holt in the Greatest Show On Turf. Would the off field circus outweigh the on field possibilities? I guess so. Otherwise SP would've brought him in.

It would probably be a disaster off the field but on the field it would be something to see. Hell, it's going to be something to see regardless now that Manny Sanders will be out there opposite MT.

I'm not saying I want the Saints to sign him but still. Looking at it from an on field standpoint MT and AB would probably be the most formidable WR tandem since Bruce & Holt in the Greatest Show On Turf. Would the off field circus outweigh the on field possibilities? I guess so. Otherwise SP would've brought him in.

It would probably be a disaster off the field but on the field it would be something to see. Hell, it's going to be something to see regardless now that Manny Sanders will be out there opposite MT.

I agree, but that's kind of my point. Even if we signed AB and dealt with the media circus that would ensue, would he act decent enough to guarantee that he ever saw the field? My gut tells me that he would do something so foolish and cause such a disruption that we would end up cutting him shortly after. If you look at his recent history, I see no reason to think he would suddenly get his act together. Signing him based purely off his football potential is such a risk that you almost know it will fail. A team would have to be purely desperate or either just playing with fire. If the Steelers, Pats, and Raiders couldn't make it work, I doubt we could. The one little visit with us was a disaster. I don't see any scenario where it could work, so it's kind of funny that we're still talking about the possibility.

You all are crazy for even remotely suggesting signing this guy at this point of his life. Let him sort his life out and figure out what is important to him, particularly in the times we are in now with his obvious racist attitude and other very concerning acts all caught on video.

I forgot about most of those incidents. I guess just like a pretty woman with all the drama, sometimes we tend to overlook major problems with talented players because of their ability.
And their in lies the problem, with athletes in general. Instead of providing them help early on, they instead are coddled which helps and promotes their continued downward spiral, for those athletes that require early intervention. Never will it happen. Not in a thousand lifetimes!!!

And their in lies the problem, with athletes in general. Instead of providing them help early on, they instead are coddled which helps and promotes their continued downward spiral, for those athletes that require early intervention. Never will it happen. Not in a thousand lifetimes!!!
Good point. They actually believe that they are above the law.

IMO AB is done. We'll continue to see him (Dez as well) on IG & YouTube working out at various gyms, high schools etc.

Don't believe a team, owner/GM will call. As talented as he is, he can't be trusted anymore. Mentally, he's just about gone.

Sidebar: Every time I see A.B. on a Saints board...

...I immediately think of Aaron Brooks.

Somehow, I don't think I'm the only one. :cool:

:gosaints:

Maybe we bring him in, kick the tires, see if there is any juice left in the tank?
Of course we are set at QB, so we might have to convert him to WR or safety.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom