A.B. (1 Viewer)

Entourage, waiver post, music video about leaving NO, then publicly calling out CSP stating the tryout was a publicity stunt.... that ship has sailed.

Thank God!
World class talent, world class headcase... don't need it, don't want it!

Just my 2cents

Which is the same as saying, "I'm guilty, but to keep a guilty plea off my record, I worked out a deal to keep that from happening." Done it myself once in my youth.
For the same reason you might plead guilty to an crime you did not commit (ie lower charge with no jail time and no risk of being convicted of something you didn’t do if you don’t have the money to hire some other than a public defendant) you might also plead no contest to a crime you did not commit.

Just so everyone knows I was asking this as a question and I wasn’t saying I would or would not sign him. I might’ve been more in favor of it if we hadn’t signed Sanders. I know their skill set is different but I think Sanders gives us a decent #2 wr And that’s what Brown would be with MT always being #1.

I don't care how talented he is. He's a mental case that could have a Junior Galette type impact on the locker room. (Still can't believe we let him rob us like he did.)
It's not popular to go against the grain, but I will say that if the video of Galette never surfaced, Payton never would have tried to place him on IR, and the response wouldn't have followed. I don't agree with how he handled being released at all.
However in the grand scheme of things, he probably needed that experience to get humbled and teach him some life lessons.
The truth is that we have not had a pass rushing duo like he and Cam since he left.

If you still believe in tre'quan Smith, and I do, signing A.B. means the end of his tenure with the saints after this year because he won't see the field this year.

Not making any excuses, but most of his antics took place off the field, right? Was he really causing trouble while he was with the Steelers and Patriots?
He had plenty of issues in Pittsburgh on the field as well. Remember in 2018 he got into a large tiff with Big Ben and refused to practice, then was benched for the final game of the season, which the Steelers needed to win to make the playoffs. In Oakland, he called GM Mayock a cracker, threatened to kick his rump, and had to be restrained, oh and he refused to practice there as well. He was on his best behaviour in New England on the field, but couldn't keep his fingers away from his cell phone off the field. Had he lasted longer than a week, who knows the crazy drama he could have created, especially since he was living with Tom and Giselle at the time!

He had plenty of issues in Pittsburgh on the field as well. Remember in 2018 he got into a large tiff with Big Ben and refused to practice, then was benched for the final game of the season, which the Steelers needed to win to make the playoffs. In Oakland, he called GM Mayock a cracker, threatened to kick his rump, and had to be restrained, oh and he refused to practice there as well. He was on his best behaviour in New England on the field, but couldn't keep his fingers away from his cell phone off the field. Had he lasted longer than a week, who knows the crazy drama he could have created, especially since he was living with Tom and Giselle at the time!
I forgot about most of those incidents. I guess just like a pretty woman with all the drama, sometimes we tend to overlook major problems with talented players because of their ability.

There are few players over my football watching life that I think have been as disruptive as Brown off the field. I don't want him anywhere near Airline Drive. What Payton and Loomis have built since the Galette drama doesn't include players who act like he does. Just from the visit with his crew and cameras when specifically told to bring neither shows how much respect he has for our organization. Let him go ruin some other team after he serves his suspension.

Maybe I'm a total sicko with no moral compass but the idea of AB in this offense still fascinates me. As bad as he is off the field he's that good on the field. That's why teams have been willing to put up with all that comes with him. On the field he's about as unstoppable a WR as I've seen. The idea of him and MT playing together is interesting.

How about we bring in AB and Josh Gordon just for the lulz.

Maybe I'm a total sicko with no moral compass but the idea of AB in this offense still fascinates me. As bad as he is off the field he's that good on the field. That's why teams have been willing to put up with all that comes with him. On the field he's about as unstoppable a WR as I've seen. The idea of him and MT playing together is interesting.

How about we bring in AB and Josh Gordon just for the lulz.

Brown has been kicked off his last 3 teams for conduct issues and refused to follow guide lines handed down by the Saints for a work out last year. I wouldn't give him another chance period!. Gordon got himself suspended for the 5th time for substance abuse and a PED suspension.. His career should be over since he flat refuses to stop using drugs. Another no thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom