a black & gold Firefox theme - not a Saints-specific theme but... (1 Viewer)

RgnKjnDroid

Very Banned
Reaction score
I've been using a series of themes for Firefox called Shift by C Nicks for many years. In addition to it being a great example of a dark theme that is thorough and very usable/readable, one of the things that made it popular was it's array of colors including gold which is what initially prompted me to try it. I've done beta testing and wrote the summary for the v2 series found on the Mozilla Add-ons page. For v3 I'm going to be helping the developer add colors to the upcoming version...of course, GoldShift will be one.

In the meantime, I've modded a copy of RedShift v2 to make it gold. Kind of a practice run to get familiar with what's involved. The developer has told me I can share it with friends as long as it doesn't get posted for download publicly. This supports Firefox 2. The upcoming version will be official and the color changes will be made more cleanly in the original PSD files as opposed to adjusting Hue/Saturation settings but it looks pretty good while browsing SR.com!

If you're interested, PM me with an email address and I'll email the install file to you.

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-FirefoxPreferences.png

Screenshot-Add-ons.png

NOTE: The RedShift splash image, About image and 'R' logo remain as-is to preserve the developer's jurisdiction over the original theme and to make it clear that it's a hack of RedShift v2. v3 will have custom pages and a 'G' logo.

One-time bump for anyone who didn't have a chance to get online on Easter.

That Saints theme is way too busy for my tastes. I have thought about creating one that is simple with some good, HQ graphics used sparingly, but I have just never sat down to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom