A Blessing in disguise maybe? (1 Viewer)

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The fallout from the non call is like something I've never seen before and I've been watching NFL football for a VERY long time.

Controversy like this is what it takes to get something done and this is one that the NFL is not going to just sweep under a rug and it will go away.

So if something is indeed accomplished to make sure that something like this never happens again to any NFL team then it is ALMOST worth it. It just sucks that it had to come at the expense of the Saints and their fans again.

I'm not saying that every play needs to be made reviewable but plays like what happened Sunday need to be at the top of the list along with much stricter penalties for helmet to helmet plays. Make that a reviewable play along with ejections and possible one game suspensions for the guilty players who commit them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the hit that put Josh Hill out of the game in the first quarter was also a pretty blatant helmet to helmet hit as well.....................and again no flag was thrown.

Another penalty that needs to be looked at is the spot foul on pass interference. I mean giving a team a 50 yard penalty is a decidedly HUGE advantage.

This is just my rant because surprisingly it is taking me much longer than I thought it would to get past what the entire world saw last Sunday!!

Well, I get what both of you are saying. But I do have to admit, one thought I had during my musings today was, Will we one day look back on this and say, If this didn't happen, X wouldn't have happened? No way to tell what that might be; but without Katrina, we wouldn't have Brees.

Well, I get what both of you are saying. But I do have to admit, one thought I had during my musings today was, Will we one day look back on this and say, If this didn't happen, X wouldn't have happened? No way to tell what that might be; but without Katrina, we wouldn't have Brees.

I can't fathom a way this turns out well for the Saints. This was our year. We were healthy. We won the game. And it was taken away. Brees has one year left with the Saints and then...who knows? Hopefully Payton will stick around to prove his merit with another QB.

The fallout from the non call is like something I've never seen before and I've been watching NFL football for a VERY long time.

Controversy like this is what it takes to get something done and this is one that the NFL is not going to just sweep under a rug and it will go away.

So if something is indeed accomplished to make sure that something like this never happens again to any NFL team then it is ALMOST worth it. It just sucks that it had to come at the expense of the Saints and their fans again.

I'm not saying that every play needs to be made reviewable but plays like what happened Sunday need to be at the top of the list along with much stricter penalties for helmet to helmet plays. Make that a reviewable play along with ejections and possible one game suspensions for the guilty players who commit them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the hit that put Josh Hill out of the game in the first quarter was also a pretty blatant helmet to helmet hit as well.....................and again no flag was thrown.

Another penalty that needs to be looked at is the spot foul on pass interference. I mean giving a team a 50 yard penalty is a decidedly HUGE advantage.

This is just my rant because surprisingly it is taking me much longer than I thought it would to get past what the entire world saw last Sunday!!
Blessing? Nope! More like a damn curse. All this BS has happened during Goodell and his minion regime. It’s beyond bs at this point and anybody that thinks otherwise is blind and has their heads so far up their rear end it’s not even funny. 36 years of season tickets and my paw paw going through day 1 of torment at Tulane stadium and to have this happen just shows the league is as rigged as ever. I thought when they brought a salary cap to the league it was different but they found a way to even rig it this way. Goodell, his minions, the refs, etc etc can rot in hell. Walking out of the dome I have never been 1/100 as mad as I still am. To hell with the nfl and their rigged/ money market super bowl

I have faith! 3rd time will be a charm. Looking forward to next season!

The fact that the NFL refuses to make a statement only angers me even more. Pass interference and helmet to helmet contact. No flag. Unbelievable. The helmet to helmet bothers me even more since it was our team that was used as an example for the Bounty Hoax scandal. The Saints organization was used by the NFL in order to show it cared about player safety. And this was only because of all of the upcoming concussion lawsuits by former players. The NFL preaches about protecting the integrity of the game as well as player safety. Both of those were forgotten in one single play. The NFL can kiss it. The wrong team is going to the Super Bowl. Who Dat

Blessing? Nope! More like a damn curse. All this BS has happened during Goodell and his minion regime. It’s beyond bs at this point and anybody that thinks otherwise is blind and has their heads so far up their rear end it’s not even funny. 36 years of season tickets and my paw paw going through day 1 of torment at Tulane stadium and to have this happen just shows the league is as rigged as ever. I thought when they brought a salary cap to the league it was different but they found a way to even rig it this way. Goodell, his minions, the refs, etc etc can rot in hell. Walking out of the dome I have never been 1/100 as mad as I still am. To hell with the nfl and their rigged/ money market super bowl
Given a negative post on this lol. Stay well millennial and sorry I hurt your feelings as the truth hurts the sensitive ones this day and age.

Nope.

Super Bowl > Rule change

We were as healthy as could be expected, we got the breaks during the season (missed FGs and XPs), and the number one seed.

Nothing caries over next year. No way we're this healthy next year.

The best part will be when the NFL doubles down on their corruption and refuses to change anything. The excuses will be "unintended consequences".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom