A coworker told me Minnesota is the sleeper team in the NFC (1 Viewer)

"with that roster"

Huh? Minnesota has arguably one of the best rosters in football. They have not one but two number 1 wrs. Dalvin Cook. A good TE. Decent QB. Good front 7.

Pretty sure that's exactly what he meant. His friend thinks Minnesota is a sleeper team. OP DOESN'T think Minnesota is a sleeper team with that roster. He thinks they're a legit contender, imo.

I'd love to beat Minny in the playoffs. Bc of our recent history (and bc my brother in law is a huge Vikings fan and I had to watch the so-called Minny Miracle game with him).

But: Kirk Cousins doesn't belong in the same playoffs as Brees, Rodgers, and Russell Wilson.

I think the Vikes WILL beat the Packers when they next meet (in Minneapolis). That's why I would like to see the Packers beat San Fran.

San Fran’s remaining schedule is a lot tougher than Green Bay’s.

And if we beat San Fran, we’d hold the tiebreaker. We likely won’t hold the TB against the Packers since one of their losses is to an AFC team. So being one behind SF is just like being tied with GB right now.

We need SF to beat GB.

We need SF to beat GB.

This is a game where I think I’ll cheer for Green Bay but won’t get too upset if they end up losing.

I get the idea that the 1 seed running through Lambeau would be really tough. But for the life of me, I can’t stand the arrogant 49ers and their flat-billed cap wearing coach. I want them knocked down a peg or two — but I totally agree — a Packers loss probably helps us more in the long run.

"with that roster"

Huh? Minnesota has arguably one of the best rosters in football. They have not one but two number 1 wrs. Dalvin Cook. A good TE. Decent QB. Good front 7.
Don’t forget about their rookie TE Irv Smith Jr too. He’s solid. Not sure how much playing time he will get once Thielen returns, but he’s putting it together

They almost lost to Denver at home.

Well, we lost to Atlanta at home. Losing to bad teams happens on occasion. Having a bad day happens to every good team. Minny got lucky to win with the assist from the officials and a missed fg.

The Vikes are for real though. I think they'll beat the Packers, but it will depend largely on Cousins playing well. We all know that's a bit of a crap shoot.

We'll have to watch for the Packers, Vikes and 49ers for the race to the top seed. It's gonna be a fun 5-6 weeks.

The Vikings were one drop from losing that game as they probably should have.

If you want to know what the Vikings are, re-watch the Denver game.
First half, full of errors, fumbles, dumb penalties. Trying to run the ball when they can't. Cousins throwing check-downs short of first down markers.

Second half, not relying on the run, some creative play calling. A little tempo. Passes downfield. Defense actually stopping some people.

This is why predicting the Vikings and their playoff odds gets tough.
In a given game, they can beat anyone if they play their best. But they can look as anemic as ever if the opposing defense is a certain level great.

Any match-up against any NFC team will look about 50-50, almost regardless of opponent. But it's hard to pick them to win a couple in a row in a playoff setting because they aren't consistent enough to do so.
So they might pull an upset over a high seed week one, but if they do, count on them tripping over their own feet the following week.

This is a game where I think I’ll cheer for Green Bay but won’t get too upset if they end up losing.

I get the idea that the 1 seed running through Lambeau would be really tough. But for the life of me, I can’t stand the arrogant 49ers and their flat-billed cap wearing coach. I want them knocked down a peg or two — but I totally agree — a Packers loss probably helps us more in the long run.

Who cares how arrogant they are? The 1 seed is more important than your hatred of the 49ers. I'll be pulling for them to beat GB.

Do you know who is the best at limiting Kirk Cousin's production?

Kevin Stefanski and Mike Zimmer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom