A Creative Way To Solve Attendance Issues (1 Viewer)

Pretty good idea. I think having some benchmarks for the fans would be good too. If you get to 100 points you get a CP3 autographed picture. Get to 200 get a team autographed ball and so on. Make it a reachable goal to gain something cool, that actually cost the Hornets very little but would mean a lot to a fan.

Pretty good idea. I think having some benchmarks for the fans would be good too. If you get to 100 points you get a CP3 autographed picture. Get to 200 get a team autographed ball and so on. Make it a reachable goal to gain something cool, that actually cost the Hornets very little but would mean a lot to a fan.

Yea I'd say throwing these in would be a good call, as well as making it not exclusive to only Season ticket holders. For example I know the Red Sox have a fan group called "Red Sox Nation" that is pretty much just a cheap scam to get people to pour in money for being part of the 'official Red Sox Nation'. If you could extend that theory to the Hornets it may work. Make it a $10 entry fee to get into "Hugo's Amigos" or something like that, and then you can build points through the way DSchexnaydre said to get those rewards, coupled in with the ones that ibelieve posted. Anyone in said "Hugo's Amigo's" gets an official Hornets fan card and makes himself eligible for any rewards by gaining points, and the most valuable fan gets like a pair of courtside seats for the game of his choosing next year. The Hornets would be making money with the entry fees since the rewards (signed posters, jerseys, balls, etc.) they would give back would be pretty negligible in comparison. I have this all laid out perfect in my mind, but I probably didn't articulate it well enough on here, so I hope y'all catch what I'm thinking.

And keep up the good work Dschex. I enjoy reading your articles. You give the fan's perspective on things, which is something a lot of sportswriters skip over.

Last edited:
The last 2 games have been big improvements in regards to attendence. I guess the total domination of the Spurs made some fans realize they need to show up and support our Hornets.

They should take a page from the old Tulane marketing book.......100 points = CHEESE FRIES.

That was definitely the 70-point benchmark. Pointer Williams and Pete Rasche are still my all-time favorite collegiate basketball players, for teaming up to get the 70 points at my very first Tulane game as a kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom