A Defensive Change Idea... (1 Viewer)

abnrgr

Rangers Lead the Way!
Reaction score
Would the insertion of Rodney Leisle as a starter be a positive adjustment at this point?

By inserting him you would play two NTs on the D-line. This might help keep blockers off of Simoneau and help him stay on his feet and not get him washed out the plays. This could also allow the OLBs to focus on the stretch run and outside rushes (it seems the funneling outside to inside the Saints have been using has become obvious to opposing teams). If this adjustment helps the running game it could allow us to keep our safeties in coverage instead of their heavy use of stopping the run.

I think two big bodies, who stay low, play with better leverage than an under tackle and can both handle double teams is something that could work, opinions?

The only thing wrong with our defensive line is the players behing them.

The only thing wrong with our defensive line is the players behing them.[/QUOTE}

But it seems Gibb's scheme is compensating for stopping the inside run. This seems to be exposing other parts of the defense. Adding a new wrinkle could help us win 3-4 more games and get us into the playoffs. Must stop the run first but we are not getting it done, at the expense of risky man-to-man coverage. Just an idea....

I think we have the right personell on the field (well for what we can put out there) But i feel we need to play more cover 2 and maybe even some cover 3.

I think we have the right personell on the field (well for what we can put out there) But i feel we need to play more cover 2 and maybe even some cover 3.

We could use help at Safety and that's the truth!

I wasn't expecting some of those runs by R. Johnson when it appeared we had him locked up! I still have to rewatch just WHY he was able to stay on his feet when we had the angles and we had the personnel, what gives???

Brees throws for over 500Yds! That is so sick, and to lose on that note!

Still Believing! Keeping the Faith!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom