A different LSU option, can Delpit replace Von Bell? (1 Viewer)

I am not a fan of Delpit and would not be surprised if he goes on day two. Perhaps injury was the reason, but in 2019 his tackling was poor, and he did not look like a first-round pick.

As a Sophomore Delpit looked like a future top 10-15 pick. He was a force in 2018. He was a game changer who took over games at times (Auburn, Ole Miss, Georgia). Then last season he had some injury issues and his suddenness and burst just wasn't there. He played through it and showed a lot of heart but he wasn't the same player. But even at 80% he was still good enough to be named consensus All American, First Team All SEC, and win the Thorpe Award.

I think Delpit's tackling issues are overblown. His tackling will improve with NFL coaching. We're not talking about some dandy finesse Safety who is scared of contact. Delpit isn't afraid to light somebody up, he just needs better technique.

It will be interesting to see how teams evaluate him. I think he's a safe pick that would provide a lot of versatility.

Not sure why everyone is crapping on Marcus Williams, I figured out of him and Bell, we were only signing one long term and he’s the better option. Strong safeties are a dime a dozen and there is no need to overpay one, as Bell is finding out. He’s a good player though.

CGJ should stay at that nickel role. He seems to excel at it, and can be more of a playmaker in that spot.
As far as Delpit is concerned, he would have been my pick at 24 if Bell left but there’s no need since we have Jenkins now. He did not play great this year probably due to injury. But if you look at his tape from freshman and sophomore years, the guy was great. The LSU D went up a few levels at the end of the year once he got healthy. I think he’s a SS, just more of a coverage playmaking SS rather than an in the box tackling SS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom